Chapter 17

Yeri woke up in her bed. Her warm, and comfortable bed with the fluffiest blankets she ever felt.

"Look who finally woke up." A familiar voice said, Yeris eyes lit up as she turned to see Roadie sitting in her desk chair nearby.

"Roadie! You're back!" Yeri exclaimed sitting up in her bed.

"Woah, easy there. Don't over exert yourself. But yeah, I'm back." He nodded. Wendy came into the room hearing the commotion.

"Thank goodness you're okay." Wendy said going to her side.

"If you were that worried I wasn't going to be okay why not take me to the hospital?" Yeri asked.

"Because my friend who so kindly saved you and brought you here said you insisted to be here." Wendy folded her arms.

"Listen, Wendy saw your injuries weren't life threatening you were just a tad dehydrated. You've only been asleep for a few hours. We were ready to transport you if your conditioned worsened." Road dog explained.

"Drink some water. Small sips. Don't chug it." Wendy said pointing out the glass on the end table by the bed. Yeri took a few small sips.

"Tell your friend I said thank you." Yeri sighed.

"I thanked her, she's already gone back home. And she's more of a loyal customer slash acquaintance. But Yeri... what we're you doing out there?" Wendy asked.

"Just, trying to find spare droid parts for the bounty." Yeri shrugged feigning innocence.

Wendy and Road dog looked at each other skeptical of her reasoning.

"So, just bounty hunting... out in a place you of all people should know how dangerous it is to go alone." Wendy argued.

"Okay, I wasn't alone and yeah me of all people, who grew up escaping droids figured I'd be able to handle the job dealing with droids. I wasn't prepared for the desert okay. I was mistaken. Taking on Droids inside of chroma is a lot different then taking them on outside. Alright? I know, I'm stupid tell me I'm stupid because I know you want to say it." Yeri laid back down a bit embarrassed.

"You're not stupid." Wendy sighed.

"No more trips out to chroma though." Road dog chuckled.

Yeri just nodded gently.

"Okay maybe now's not a great time to dwell on the whys and where's..We are glad you are home safe. I'm going to run out for some items for your injury. Some bandages, topical ointments. Maybe some food too. I'll give you and Roadie time to catch up." Wendy said rubbing Yeris shoulder.

"Thank you." Yeri said softly.

Wendy left the room to go run the quick errand. Roadie sat in the chair by Yeris desk and slowly rotated back and forth in it.

"So, how long are you staying?" Yeri asked.

"I'm not sure. I had some downtime, figured I'd pop in. Looks like the timing worked out, glad I could be here for you." Road Dog smiled.

"Sorry. I'm not sure if this is how you intended to spend your free time." Yeri said a bit embarrassed.

"What, are you kidding? This can be our thing. You get stranded in the desert and then I come help out." Road dog laughed.

"Yea, if you call just sitting there helping." Yeri said with a sarcastic smirk.

"Okay guess I'll leave then." Roadie sprung out of the chair.