EPISODE 2 RECAP

After ditching our homeless, passport-less heroine Anokhi in the street to wait for her sister alone, Shaurya turns his car around and shows up at her side.

They stare at each other intently, and then he offers to take her to his place.
She asks, "Is your place really safer than here?" He thinks about it and says he doesn't know if it's safer for her, but it IS nicer.

Why did that sound like a come-on?

She decides to chance it, and her jaw drops as soon as they enter his ginormous house.

He plops down on the couch and she looks around for his family, but he says he lives alone. That freaks her out more than anything, and she starts speaking in half-jondae(casual) : "W-what are you? Are you a drug dealer? A gangster, perhaps?" Ha.

He agrees just to mess with her, inching towards her with every word.
I love that she grabs her backpack like a shield, but he leans in close just to point out that the door she's leaning on leads to her room.

Cheeky.

She finally gets to sit down and process the crazy that happened today, and sighs to relive her sister's betrayal.
Hunger pangs soon overtake her angst though, and she realizes she hasn't eaten all day.

She sneaks out to the kitchen, only to find canned food and sports drinks in the fridge (Who keeps cans in the fridge?) and eats straight out of cans in the dark.

That's just sad.

Shaurya finds her stuffing her face guiltily, and she swears she only ate stuff that was past its expiration date, and slides over a five-dollar bill to pay for her meal.

He asks how she lives that she eats expired food, but doesn't get an answer.
He asks her name, and only gets a, "Thanks for letting me stay here for the night."
Shaurya: "That's a long name."

He says that none of this is charity-it's repayment, since his friend stole the bean powder meant for her sister.
Meanwhile, Big Bro President Yash is preparing to head to the States for a business trip, and Secretary Yuvaan (Ahir's dad) tells him that President Arora(Anmol's dad) called to suggest he stay at one of their hotels.

Sameer notes that he's already playing nice with Sabherwal ever since he got engaged to RS's president (Shagun's mom), and that stops Secretary Yuvaan in his tracks.

Aw, is she an old flame?

Yash continues to be an ass to Secretary Yuvaan, who's still loyal as ever to his father and doesn't hesitate to show it.

We meet Dad for the first time as he chats pleasantly with his ex-wife (the second wife with no kids). Chairman Sabherwal is in a wheelchair, and Madam Jyoti tells him to stop being nice - it can't get her to remove herself from the family registry.
He chuckles and says he has no intention of ousting her; after all, she's the one who brought Shaurya's mother into this house.

She points out that it was better than the alternative, with him hiding his affair outside of the house.

Meanwhile Shaurya's mother Madam Devi has her ear pressed to the door trying desperately to hear what they're saying.

Yash catches her red-handed, which is clearly a normal sight around here. She just rolls her eyes and announces him at the door. She tells Yash that his mother is here (by which she means stepmother, technically), but Yash bites back that his mother is not in this house.

She rolls her eyes again: "Fine. Aunty. The aunty who raised you is here! And this aunty is leaving now."
He walks into the room, and Madam Jyoti feels the icy non-greeting from Yash.