🆕 EPISODE 2 ✔️

Anokhi and Rohit first met when he walked into the convenience store where she worked to buy beer.
Anokhi checked his ID and pronounced him too young looking to have been born in 1982.
After Anokhi guessed that he was new in the neighborhood, Rohit told her, "It seems like a nice place to start over."

In the present, Anokhi sleeps in while Rohit practices smiling in the bathroom mirror, using tips from a lecture that he's watching on his phone.
Rohit makes sure to include his eyes when he smiles.

After his practice session, Rohit expertly prepares breakfast while a playful Anokhi sneaks up on him. When Rohit sees Anokhi's smiling face, his eyes crinkle as he smiles back.
Anokhi smiles even more when she shares that she had a dream about their first meeting.

Anokhi tries to help set up breakfast but she isn't very good in the kitchen so Rohit has her get Shakhi dressed instead. While getting Shakhi ready, the little girl mentions a friend but Anokhi doesn't recognize the name and her daughter sighs, "Why do I even bother?"

When it's time to blow-dry Shakhi's hair, the girl voices her preference for her dad.
Shakhi brings the hair dryer to Rohit who asks, "Where's your mom," and he hides his alarm when she confides that Anokhi went downstairs to clean his workshop.

In the basement, Ahir 's eyes open when he hears Anokhi enter the workshop.
Struggling to free himself, Ahir 's wrists start to bleed as Rohit runs downstairs.

Rohit finds Anokhi picking up a broken shard from his favorite tea set and she asks about his guest because he always serves hot beverages for long chats.
Rohit stammers that it was a friend from middle school and Anokhi reminds him, "But you said you were a loner as a boy."
Rohit explains that it was actually nice to run into each other again as he steers Anokhi back to their place.
Anokhi catches Rohit studying her face and asks, "What's with that gaze? I must still be the prettiest woman on earth to you."

Throwing his arm around his wife, Rohit teases Anokhi as they head upstairs and Ahir gives up his struggle.

A young social worker makes the long climb up the many stairs leading to the home of an elderly client.
Inside, she screams when she discovers that the old woman is dead.

A police team is already collecting evidence when Anokhi arrives with Shaan and Vicky.
Shaan notices that the victim's thumbnails are missing and Vicky mentions the similarity to the Kapurthala City serial murders.
Anokhi remembers that was the case that Ahir wrote about but Shaan isn't familiar with it.

Vicky explains that the case was closed when the culprit committed suicide and the news was overshadowed by the World Cup.
Anokhi can't understand why someone would copy an 18 year old case just as the victim's son runs in and shouts, "Mom! Mom, I'm here!"

At his store, Rohit turns his sign to "Closed" and unlocks the basement door.
After he pulls the tape from Ahir 's mouth, his prisoner asks, "Shaurya, why are you doing this?" Expressionless, Rohit reminds Ahir about an incident from 18 years ago, "I was in your shoes, and you were in mine."

In a flashback to the summer of 2002, Ahir taped Shaurya Sabherwal to a tree with the help of some classmates. Waving a bandaged finger in Shaurya 's face, Ahir warned, "Did you think I'd let you get away with doing this to me?"
When Shaurya hissed back, "I should've twisted your neck," he was slapped.
Ahir taunted Shaurya , "You saw your dad committing murder, didn't you...did you help him do it, just like what the rumors say?" Ahir cruelly added, "The village foreman told me that you're weird because you take after your dad," while he and his friends searched for rocks.
Ahir warned, "If it hurts too much, don't hesitate to tell me," before launching the rocks at Shaurya.