EPISODE 17 RECAP

Chairman Dad outsmarts both his sons and puts them in their places with his stockholders' vote maneuver, reminding them that he's the one pulling the strings.

Dance, monkeys, dance.

While Yash chafes to discover he was toyed with, Shaurya has bigger heartbreak waiting for him at his love nest, which is empty —Anokhi is gone, just like Dad said.

He staggers home in a daze, while the song helpfully blares, "You're crying again, you're crying again, powerless, you send her away."

This is perhaps the most on-the-nose soundtrack ever.

He returns home and asks his father what he's done with Anokhi. Dad gives him the classic abuser line — This is all your fault, you made me do this — and warns him not to go looking for her, because he'll really ruin her life then.

Ahir worries about Anokhi and asks whether his father knows anything.
As it happens, Manager Yuvaan was tasked with facilitating her exile, though he can't share much with his son. He just says that Anokhi will call once she's settled and that Ahir can hear from her directly what happened.

Chairman Dad arranges for Anokhi to be withdrawn from school, but none of the kids know that and Wonder at her empty seat the next morning.

Reema worries that Anokhi hasn't replied to her chat message, but balks about calling directly "because calling makes it seem like we're friends."
Then she shoots a glare in Shagun's direction and mutters, "Is she being harassed someplace where I don't know?"

Aw, there you go unconsciously playing Anokhi's protector again.
Reema is a delightful ball of contradictory statements, and I love that about her.

Shaurya storms in and beelines for Ahir to ask if he's heard anything.
Ahir blames Shaurya for being the source of Anokhi's troubles, and then Anmol storms into class and beelines for Ahir too.

I don't blame Ahir for being annoyed with these two for causing trouble and then looking to him for help, and he leaves them to their frustration.

Determined to track her down, Shaurya asks Madam Jyoti to refrain from withdrawing Anokhi from school.

Anmol heads off on his own search, starting with the broadcasting club's member records.

Neil Wonders at all the fuss, but agrees to help when Shaurya asks for help searching the flight records for departures abroad.

The Sabherwal moms have a meeting, and Shagun's mother receives barbed congratulations for her upcoming wedding — one mom drops the stinger that her fiancé's Zeus Hotel is facing investigation.

Neil's mother (the prosecutor's wife) says she knows nothing about this, but her smirk indicates that she's lying.

Ahir's father gets promoted to vice president per his agreement with Yash, so I guess we'll call him VP Yuvaan now.

Now he's picked a side, and Yash teasingly warns him not to two-time with his loyalties. They shake on it.

Shaurya combs through security footage for clues, while Neil works his connections and reports that Anokhi wasn't listed as leaving the country.
Shaurya breathes a sigh of relief and calls Anmol right away to fill him in (cute), figuring two heads are better than one.

It's too bad those two heads are both at the bottom of the class, but I guess points for quantity.

Footage from the front gate shows Anokhi loading a moving truck, and then turning to the camera to send up a wave at Shaurya, knowing he'd be watching.