EPISODE 5 RECAP

Shaurya sees Anokhi's message online and hurries down to the kitchen, where he confirms that she's in fact here, in his house.

She checks her phone for updates while drinking water, Wondering at all the fuss, unaware that he's watching from just outside amidst a burgeoning personal crisis. She shrugs, puts her phone away, and heads back to her room.

Shaurya trudges back to his room, burdened with this news - now it makes sense why Anokhi hates Sabherwal Group. As if he didn't already have his immense wealth standing in his way, now he's got to contend with being the direct reason for her family's hardships.

Of all the girls in the world, you had to fall for this one.

School vacation is over, and Anokhi heads out the next morning dressed in school uniform.

Shaurya watches her leaving the house from his window, then heads downstairs to peer inside the tiny room she shares with her mother, looking dismayed. He asks his mother where big brother is, sighing that he thought he'd get to see him more now that he's back.

Madam Devi tsk-tsks at his affection for someone who hates him, but Shaurya replies that still, he likes his brother. Even so, it's a shock to be told that Yash actually moved out of the house because of him, as he finds out from his stepmother Madam Jyoti.

Yash meets with Kanchan, the tutor whom we met previously who'd ignored Yash's call.

His demeanor suggests they're in a dating relationship, but her behavior is a bit distant even though she calls him oppa.

Yash gives her a wishbone as a gift from his trip to the States, to use for a wish, then presents her with the real gift - a necklace with a wishbone pendant that he says will be a good luck charm.
Kanchan isn't inclined to accept, saying that she grew up always supported by his family - but now she's fine on her own with a job and home and savings account.

Yash gets frustrated at the difficulty in just giving her a gift, and she relents and accepts.
But he guesses that she intends to never wear it, and gets up to fasten it around her neck. Her expression is anything but happy, and she looks on the verge of tears.

I do Wonder if it's something in the Sabherwal brothers' blood that attracts them to women who see their wealth as a burden.

Yash is greeted at his hotel with the message that he has a guest waiting in his room, and bristles to hear that it's his brother.

Yash is ready to rip into the hotel employee for admitting just anybody into his room, but he's told that Chairman Dad gave the okay himself.

Shaurya sits and waits in his big bro's suite. And waits. And waits. And waits.

Aw, is Yash just going to stay away until he leaves?

Shaurya finally calls it a day and goes home late that night. He eats a late dinner that his mother sets before him, and they have a cute back-and-forth as he asks if she prepared it herself, to which she says, "I ordered it all prepared for you!"
She promises to order lots more good food for him in the future, like it's only the thought that counts. Shaurya casually asks about the housekeeper's daughter, and how long they've lived here. Madam Devi thinks to call Anokhi over with a wine request (calling her the wrong name, Ankahi, the whole time).

Hilariously, Shaurya looks alarmed at the prospect and for a moment contemplates crouching under the dining table (lol), but opts instead to bolt. By the time Anokhi arrives, his chair is empty.

Anokhi heads outside to the cellar, using her cell phone as a flashlight on the dark path. Suddenly all the outdoor lights flick on - aw, Shaurya, you romantic.