EPISODE 13 RECAP

After outing the truth of his birth to his would-be in-laws, Shaurya comes to Anokhi emotionally drained.
Without knowing what's going on, she senses his turmoil and mirrors his tears.

Shaurya repeats her words from California when she'd offered to take his hand and run away when he's in danger, and he asks if those words are still valid here in India.
She shakes her head no.

He looks further crushed at that, but then Anokhi steps close to envelop him in a hug.

Shagun and her mother go home in a temper — it's an insult to them, and an engagement is out of the question now.

Still, Shagun's mother decides to hold off on breaking the engagement formally for a while, because the two Sabherwal brothers are about to launch into a stock - buying spree in a race to push each other out.
That will drive up the price of the stock, and Mama wants a piece of that action.

How coldly practical.

Shagun berates Anmol for sitting on this important piece of information, but to her surprise he tells her to keep this secret : "It's not a request, it's a warning."

Shagun is understanddably confused to find him protecting Shaurya and asks why.
He replies, "Because it's the best thing I've done till now. And also the thing I did most to hurt Shaurya."

Shaurya brings Anokhi to Mohit's workshop and fiddles with the lock, saying they can spend the night here.
He asks where she spent the last few nights, and I don't understandd why Anokhi just doesn't tell him she crashed with Reema. What's with all the with-holding?

Instead, she asks why he was crying, and they dodge each other's questions for a while (he jokes that his tears are from global warming endangering the penguins).

Someone tugs at the door, but Shaurya assures her that they're in no danger of discovery, because he changed the passcode.
Ha.

So Mohit bangs and yells for a while, then goes away.
Shaurya grumbles to see Anmol calling her again and answers the phone, calling himself her boyfriend and dismissing Anmol.

Then he complains to see the photos from the class trip showing Anmol and Anokhi together, which gets her eye-rolling at his nagging.
Anokhi takes out her books to study (making another dig at Shaurya's last-place ranking that nettles his pride) and he sits watching her back for a long while.

Finally he settles down to sleep, and as she watches him she murmurs, "Dream nice dreams." Only to have him reply right away, "I already am. You're there, in front of me."

They leave the workshop in the morning and are barraged with flash photos, paparazzi-style.
Ha, so Mohit camped there all night, half-wild with hunger and cold, and crows that his pride wouldn't let him go before he got his money shot.

They end up riding together to school, and Mohit stubbornly refuses to delete his photos.
Shaurya readily admits they're dating and mentions the hugging last night, to Anokhi's chagrin and Mohit's glee.

They walk onto campus side by side, and today he offers her his hand and prods, "Let's try having courage."
She hesitantly takes his hand, apologizing for taking so long to do so, causing jaws to drop as they pass.

They're stopped by Anmol, and as usual Anmol tries to stop Anokhi from leaving while Shaurya orders her to walk away.

Ugh. I have no problem with Shaurya trying to spare her the drama, but I cringe every time he talks to her like she's a puppy to direct :

"Walk straight ahead." Anmol expresses disappointment over Shaurya revealing his birth secret himself, because he was looking forward to being the one to drop that bomb.
Shaurya says that it's not too late for Anmol to spread the words and tells him to go ahead; he doesn't intend to swoop in with damage control, either, and will take everything that comes his way.