🌅Episode 27: "I really need you"⛲

At Reema's coffee shop, Nikki-3 stands suddenly on hearing news about the meteor shower that night. She tells Reema that she has to go there to keep a promise with her friend, but Reema thinks her friend will be meeting someone else. "Who?" Nikki-3 asks.

Shaurya touches his heart lamp on. Across town, Anokhi bolts up when her one lights up, and rushes out into a taxi. Shaurya can't find her when he reaches the hilltop, but just as he gives up, they come face-to-face with each other, Anokhi's eyes shining with desperate hope. He asks her, a little sharply, what she wanted to say. She doesn't know where to start, so he suggests the beginning : "From the day you entered my house." But Anokhi tells him that that wasn't their beginning. "The first time you met me was not as a robot, but as a person," she reveals.

Bunty helps a limping Anmol into a chair at Reema's, having failed to catch up to Shaurya. "Will we be able to see Brother even once to apologize to him properly?" Bunty asks, choked up. Comforting him, Anmol replies that it's really up to Shaurya.

Shaurya's flabbergasted to learn that Anokhi was President Bhalla. "But I talked to you so many times, how would I not kno-" he starts, but then remembers details like how Boxbot Anokhi inexplicably knew that his unopened package contained his necklace. It all seems terribly obvious to him in hindsight.

"Do you... remember now?" Anokhi asks cautiously. He recalls that he was on the phone to President Bhalla while Nikki-3 was being delivered, and she explains that she talked to him from inside the box - thus her total shock when she saw him moments later.
Shaurya just can't get his head around it, and says half to himself that Ahir told him it was Friend Mode. "But you believed that," Anokhi says apologetically, explaining that he'd made it up to cover her mistakes.

She admits that she was amazed that he bought it, and he cringes in embarrassment. "What about the fart?" he accuses suddenly, remembering that occasion. She hangs her head.

Oh my god, I'm laughing so much, I think I'm going to die.

"You must have thought I was so dumb," he says bleakly. "You... believe me now, right?" she asks. "I can't believe myself for believing you were a robot," he moans, dropping to a bench. She agrees, but he cuts her off. "That's it! No further!" he warns through gritted teeth.

Too much honesty? Hee.

Pi returns to Reema's café after signing a lease for a new warehouse, and tells the others that they'll move in as soon as Nikki-3's been sent to Alex. The thought of parting from their robot saddens the three scientists.

Anokhi confesses one more thing : that she stole from Shaurya. "What are you, an onion?!" he asks, astonished that new stuff just keeps coming out. She quickly explains that it was the beef he'd already thrown away. "It looked delicious," she explains. His face softens and he starts to laugh.

Aww.

But when Anokhi laughs too, he scowls. He softens again, wondering how she endured it all that time when he was eating and she couldn't. Smiling, she says she really, really loved his food on the island. She has nothing else to confess, but Shaurya has one last question: "Who's Rani?"

HA.

Elsewhere, as Raja and Ahir stake out Jagjeet, Ahir asks why Raja's not angry with him. Raja says that a lawyer sees both sides, and so he sees that although they started off wrongly, they became sincere over time. But a person's sincerity proves itself in crisis, he tells Ahir, "Thus, the key to solving this situation isn't only in Shaurya's hands." He advises that they each take responsibility as far as their sincerity takes them.

Shaurya asks Anokhi what her first impression of him was. "A totally obnoxious jerk," Anokhi replies candidly, "And then... a crazy psycho." He's struck speechless when she asks how a man who has a hierarchy among his electrical appliances could possibly look normal to her.

But at some point, she says, she began to feel for him, and the things he said began to sound more sad than strange. "And so, the more I saw you and the more I got to know you, the more my heart ached. I began to wish for your happiness, and I wanted to do everything I could to make you so," she says softly.
Holding her gaze,Shaurya tells her to sit by him because he can't hear her (yeah, right). She leaves her bench for his, and he says, "Tell me again, from the beginning."

Director Tez tellsShagun that according to her wishes, he's cancelled her marriage to Shaurya- Yash suits her much better, he says, especially since he's about to take over Shaurya's position.
Speaking of the devils, Chairman Alok and Yash join them for dinner, the chairman chortling that she should really be calling him "Father-in-law" now.

Ugh.

Stunned,Shagun excuses herself. Yash follows her out and she turns on him. "You're just like them," she says, though he insists that he had no idea about this, either. "I can't believe your words anymore," Shagun tells him.
Turning heel, she leaves Yash alone in the hallway.

Shaurya asks Anokhi if he ever made her heart flutter. Smiling shyly, she eventually admits that her heart fluttered every morning she went to meet him. Remembering how joyful he'd been after she saved him, she says she realized how earnest his wish was for her to recognize him no matter how he appeared.
She tells him how happy she was whenever he patted her head, though she hated it at first. He reaches out to her now, but stops short of touching her. Pulling up her hood, Anokhi takes his hand in her gloved one and brings it to rest on her covered head.

Pi asks Reema why she doesn't have a boyfriend, and Reema explains that all the men she's dated shone like stars at first, but then turned out to be rocks.
Busy darning his trousers, Anmol says in his laconic way that humans are apparently made of stardust to begin with : "If there are stars inside me, why look for them elsewhere?"
"Shall we date?" Reema finally proposes. Anmol agrees even before he knows what he's saying, but then he stares at her in shock, and Pi stares in awe.

Anokhi tells Shaurya how sorry she was that she couldn't say anything to him on the day of the reset. "You had a really hard time, didn't you?" Shaurya asks. She assures him that she was able to bear it.

Oh, Anokhi.

She recounts how afraid she was that he would discover her secret the night in the boathouse. "But because I could see your face, because I could hear your voice, I was so happy," she says, "I should have told you the truth even then. I'm truly sorry."
At that, Shaurya draws in close to Anokhi, almost kissing her, but he stops a mere breath away. She opens her eyes to see him pull back and refuse to meet her eyes. Saying nothing, she pulls up his hood. After wrapping him up securely, she snuggles up to him and says, "The thing I want to say the most to you, I'll say it now."

But Shaurya stops her, saying he wants to keep that last gift unopened. Stepping away, he thanks her for turning their time together into beautiful memories. "Just with those memories, I think I can live out the rest of my life well," he tells her.
Explaining that he might never be able to touch her again, he says he can't drag her into the life he's had to live for the last fifteen years. He regrets that he can't watch the meteor shower with her, since that would be one memory too painful, "So our memories together... end here." "Goodbye, Nikki-3. Goodbye, Anokhi Bhalla," he says.

But he's only taken a few steps when Anokhi tells him to stop right there. "The person who gave me the love I always yearned for was you," she cries out. "And so the person I missed each and every day... that was you. It's not that I'm someone you need. I'm the one who needs you, so much. Because you're the person I've been looking for all this time, that one person I've been waiting for."

He turns slowly back to her, and she at last tells him what she's wanted to say to him since the day of the reset : "I love you."
Shaurya lets out a deep breath. In a few strides, he closes the distance between them, and this time, there's no hesitation as he takes her face between his hands and kisses her.

His wrist monitor remains calm, and when they both see that he's totally fine, they bubble up with happy laughter. They miss the meteor shower, which disappoints Anokhi because she wanted to make a wish. Smiling at her, Shaurya says his wish just came true. "What was it?" Anokhi asks playfully, and he wraps her up in his arms in reply.

Oh you adorable eskimos, finally.