welcome home

I was wondering why the other attendants didn't join me kanina sa plane. So I ask mom about it and she explained to me that all of them pala are going to have their vacation leave for the meantime and be back lang on my special day (it's the party that my parents prepared for me."
I was a little bit sad upon hearing that one but mom made sure that they'll be back soon. I also understand that they have to take the leave though they were there with me the whole time na lang.
As we cruise down on Riverton Village, we pass plenty huge houses with some idiomatic architectural designs. Before turning onto a street, just ahead the entrance to Robious Landing Park where it looks so fun to spend time with. As we pull into the beautiful cobblestone driveway, I admire immediately the formation of the house and that is when I also realize it was ours.
Sometimes I thought to myself it was just the Araneta's house, forgetting that I'm the araneta.
The exterior of the house is all brick and the yard is landscape with beautiful trees and shrubs. It has a closed gate, privately enough not to seen what is outside.
As I get out of the car, I routinely make my way on a large door.
"Welcome home anak." Mom joined. Dad squeezes my shoulders and looked to me smiling.
Kuya Luis squeeze in to hug my back. "Finally, you'll get to live on your true home with us."
Kuya Alfonso inserted on us too, "We hope this is forever," he look to me. I just smiled.
He never deny how obsess they are to me. They only wish one thing and that is just on their sight always.
They may let me decide whatever I want but my two kuya's always asks me to reconsider of staying here for good. It's like everyday they keep on pleading me to just go home here.
Some maids, drivers and guards lined up greeting me. "Welcome home miss maxine."
One of them came forward, "Max, this is Alex. She's going to be your constant maid." Mom said.
I'm facing in front of me is a middle age lady. She looks nice.
"If you need anything anak, just tell her okay?" Dad said.
I face back again to the girl in front of me. "Hi, I'm max-.." I was about to shake her hand but I was surprised when she bow down on me.
"Ano po yung mas prefer niyong itawag ko, madam? Ma'am? Miss?" She ask, while her head was still bowing down.
"I prefer to call me my name." I lift her head up and took her hand for a shake. My kuya's laughed about it, however mom and dad just smiled. "Chill ka lang okay? And please don't do that." I chuckled.
"Sorry ma'am-ay miss-ay max.."
I laugh, putting my hands on her both shoulders. "Chill yaya alex, breath in breath out." I actioned and she followed me too, claiming a laugh from my family.
"Let's go inside na tita." Andre pulled my hands and drag me to enter.
Entering through the front door is the receiving area wherein the guests mostly wait. The sudden aroma of the house smells of cinnamon and is always comforting. The receiving area consists of leather chair, a substantial love seat, a delightful cream colored couch. Its like there's chair and tables all over. If I had to describe the houses theme it would be fall mainly because of its tasteful decorations and calming color scheme. All of the creams, browns, and reds make it that way.
But the most that destructed me is the whispering voices on the living just across the receiving area. I went straight on that room and saw my whole fam was there panicking.
"She's here, she's here." Kuya matt panicked.
"Where's Reyna ba? Diba we told her to signal us if she'll enter na?" Mama LAM couldn't calm down.
" Fast, you hold this." Ate Cara handled the big tarp to Kuya Mich and Borgy.
"Matt, dito ka sa side." Tita Imee demanded.
"Oh come on, where's the popper?" Tito Bong stressed out.
"Fix the sign, ano ba yan." Tita Imee complained,
I was expecting them to be strict, very much decent when they are all come together but only realizing the other side of my family; super ma effort and excited.
"Welcome home, Max!" I read. They all look to me, surprised.
"Can you lift it up a little higher on the right side, kuya," I tilt my head looking on the sign. "I can't read it clearly eh."
"Maxine!" Tita Imee was the who shouted and was about to ran on my way but then remembered the surprise.
"Oh fast fast!" She demanded.
They all shouted. "Welcome home!" The popper delayed and I even jump off when it popped.
She was the first one to hug me very tight, pinching my cheeks and appreciate my face. "Ah, I missed you so much anak."
"Yes, I missed you too Mama Imes." I said, kissing her cheeks.
On her back is Tito Bong. "Tumaba siya." Tita Imee said and Tito Bing just laughs and went over to give me an embrace too.
"You grown so fast." He squeeze my arms and pinches my cheeks.
"You might want to mention it pops, it doesn't offend me anymore." I said, ventilate the word "fat".
He laugh so hard. "Atleast super pretty naman."
"Sus, nambola pa." I voiced. He continued laughing and pulled me to go to Mama Liz who is so impatient on waiting for her turn. For an instance, she hug me. "I missed you so so much." She squeeze me very tight.
I look to her, "Here I am na po." I smiled. She went back on hugging me, she's the most emotional of them all.
"Bawal iyak mama lam." I reminded and they all laugh.
Right after we had our moments, I transferred to mama meldy.
I sat down on her infront and she stared at me deeply trying to recognize my face.
"Hi mama meldy, it's your unica ija po." I said.
It took a while before she spoke, "Oy, my gandang apo." she told everyone.
"She's here, she's here!" She's like a kid getting excited. We all laugh and mom came close to us too. "Yes mommy, Maxine is here."
"My beauty queen apo!" She continued.
I almost gonna tear up seeing mama meldy this one. I hug her so tight. "I'm home na po mama, I'm home na."
She told me on her last birthday na her only wish aside from getting healthy and happiness is to see go home here in Manila. It took a while before it sink in on me before I got to decide.
Right after mama meldy let me go, I look up to ate jamie and went to her ended up shrieking. She's my body-body kase. I hugged her so tight and she kisses my cheeks.
I also went to ate cara and ate carla who looks so happy too.
Now, it's on my very much annoying cousins. I rolled my eyes playfully transferring to kuya borgy who came out of nowhere to hug me immediately.
"Ang ganda ganda ng bunso namin." He lift me and hugs me so tight.
"Kuya!" I said,
Even Kuya Borgy aren't still finish hugging me, Kuya mich as well came closer and hug me. "Stay a bunso okay?"
Kuya Matt as well joined in, "Sali ako!"
I scoff, "come on, kuya's!" I complained.
"Uh, finally!" They all said. Kuya Matt raises his voice to repeat, "Finally!"
I spank him playfully, "Kuya!"
"You say, Kuya you're so pogi!" He said.
I rolled my eyes and scoff, "my god! What am I entering ba?"
He came closer and smash my face pinching it endlessly, "Kuyaaaaa!"
"Sa wakas! I got the chance to sabotage this!" He didn't end.
I took his hands out of my face and he goes continuously tease.
"You're so annoying talaga." I let out, I noticed the last three Marcos that I didn't greet yet.
I went to give a hug to Kuya Simon, "Kuya!"
"Hi," He just smiled and went back to hug me too. He looks shy. Even just by touching me.
"I have so many chikas with you." I spilled.
"Really? I can't wait." He replied,
I transferred my sight to Kuya Sandro and Vincent who's just stuck staring at me ever since I arrived. I came closer to Kuya Vincent first.
"Hi, kuya!" I gave a sweet smile.
Oh, he's the cutest. My heart pounds seeing him so close to me.
I hug him tight but didn't feel anything in return.
He didn't answer but just instead look to me and gave me a small smile. Maybe he's still mad at me about what happened earlier. It made me sad. He was the one I was so excited to see.
Kuya simon pushed me slight to move on and went to kuya sand. I hugged him too and was sure hella awkward facing him. He looks so serious. I felt pressured.
"Hi Kuya." I said. Not the same energy that I sounded on the others. Kuya sandro will always be different to me. I look up to him so much and I treat him so much differently.
He gave me a small smile too, "Hi."
I let him go and breath deeply, I face them. "Is there food?" Everyone laugh.
Kuya Matt slowly pushed me playfully, "You're so fat na nga, kain kapa ng kain." I rolled my eyes and stick my tongue to him. He puts him arm around my shoulders and we both went to the dining area together.
I sat down beside mom, she pleases the attendants to get more foods in the kitchen.
"Ya!" I signalled yaya alex and she instantly came on my side.
"Ye, miss max?" She said.
"Can you check my phone if there's important messages, it's on the pocket of my bag." I instructed.
"Sige po." she said and went straightly to followed what I just ordered.
I fill the plate of mama meldy as I was the one who volunteered to help her eat. "You should eat more po, so you'll get even more stronger."
She look to me and showed a smile, "You make my heart so happy seeing you already here apo."
Tears were already forming on my eyelids but I chose to smile it away. I move closer to hug her tight. "I'll not leave your side na, mama meldy. I promise."
"Ma'am max!" she shouted, everyone got worried so we all look to her.
I smiled to their stares upon hearing it was me.
"Is there something wrong max?" Mom asked,
"Nothing ma," I'm slowly getting up from my chair but trying not to get obvious.
"Then what's yaya's alex shouting for?" Dad interrogated.
I scratch my head, "it's just probably nothing."
"But can I go and check it out?" I look to mom and dad.
Mom and dad never want gadgets in the dining table and as well never want any destruction when we eat. I'm sure as dead if they know that I let yaya alex please to just check my phone. We're only allow to do that if its urgent or very important.
"Don't be too long, lady." Dad reminded.
I nod.
I instantly went to the receiving area on where I put my bag.
"What is it ba yaya?" I scold her. "First day ko pa lang dito, papagalitan mo na'ko kina mommy eh."
"Sorry ma'am, eh kase naman hindi ako sure kung tama ba nabasa ko." She explained.
I took the phone to her. "Why? What is it?"
"We are happy to accept you in Princeton University..."
I jump off hugging yaya alex. "Oh my gosh!"
"Ma'am ang talino niyo naman! Imagine, Princeton nakapasok kayo. Manang-mana talaga kayo kina Ma'am at Sir," she express.
I shush her. "Secret muna natin toh,"
She covered her mouth. "Shush po ako."
I gave her the phone. "I trust you with that, okay?"
She nod. "Yes ma'am. Aalagaan ko po ito na parang anak ko." I laugh.
"Balik kana po dun, baka pagalitan ka." she instructed.
I went back to the dining as if nothing happened.
"What was it?" Mom asked.
"Uh, nothing. Yaya just saw some um— insects in my bag.." I answered.
"What?" mom looked to me, eyes wide.
"Insects? Aren't you cleaning your things ba, Maxine?" Dad's tone rise.
I chuckled nervously looking to ask back up to my cousins. Kuya Matt suddenly laugh out of nowhere. "Oh yes! I put one there to scared her off kase Tito. I'm sorry."
"Ang tanga mo Matt, Si yaya alex pa naka open. What an epic fail!" Kuya Borge added.
"Yang mga prank niyo, makakatikim na talaga kayo sakin!" Tita Imee scoldeed them playfully.
"Kaya nga Mama Imees, it's just my first day pero pinagtritripan na'ko." I pout, replying to them.
"Don't worry ija, I'm sure you'll get revenge on them. Ikaw pa!" she motivated.
I just laugh, joining to mouth thank you in silent.
Mom took some vegetables and salads to put it on my plate. She always wants me to be healthy. Her and ate xandra were buddy2 when it comes to healthy living.
"You eat this cucumber, max. It's good for you body." Ate Xandra placed some on my plate. I just sighed.