Chapter 12: Cold beauty

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

 Ran: What do you think of these ones, General ?

Esdeath: I think boring fighters, make for boring fights. I guess it's too much to ask for someone capable of using a Teigu to suddenly appear, huh ?

Ran: Oh... It seems the fight is about over.

Wave: Winner !! Nobunaga of the dry-goods store !!

Wave: Now, ladies and gentleman ! In the East corner... Tatsumi the blacksmith !!

Tatsumi: ... 'Flying over the entire competition, this is gonna be easy-'

Wave: And in the West corner, coming straight from the outskirts of the Empire.. Taoreta the Wanderer !!

Tatsumi: ... 'I'm fucking dead...'

"Oh, Tatsumi... Welcome to the semi-finals."

Leone: That's an interesting cover... Now regardless of the one who wins, they get the money. Can Tatsumi really use the forge, though ?

Lubbock: Not as well as me, but he has some skill.

"You don't have to be so scared, Tatsumi. Honestly, I can see this going both ways."

Tatsumi: ... 'Yeah... His skills are in ambushing and killing in one blow... But head-to-head fight... if I can block his hits, I can win !'

"... ... ... Remember this, Tatsumi... In that kind of fight... Victory is decided with one single blow."

Ran: ... ... ... ... What are they waiting for ?

Esdeath: An opening... These two are skilled.

"... ... ... Here I come !"

Tatsumi: I'm waiting !!