Chapter 24: Three-pronged

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

Borick: General, please continue to guard me for just two more weeks.

Esdeath: Two weeks, huh... The anniversary of the founding of the religious organization... There's also a big festival that day.

Borick: yes. The preparations are finally complete. The great lord will die, and become an actual god in heaven. And with the believers that I've gathered... I will announce, that I have become the new Lord.

Ran: ... It's my loss.

Borick: Hah hah hah ! You show promise, but there's too much difference in experience.

Esdeath: Letting him struggle, and then leaving him drunk on the triumphant feeling of a comeback. I appreciate you entertaining with Shogi.

Ran: A small task like that is nothing.

Esdeath: Najenda must realize that her time limit is approaching as well. They'll be here soon. We'll strengthen the security.

Your POV:

Susanoo: This is my best of the best. Are you ready... All of you ?

Susanoo: For Najenda, salt-flavored ramen, with slightly harder noodles. I have utter confidence in it's chicken flavor and the zesty salt !

Susanoo: For Mine, strawberry parfait. There's a secret ingredient in it as well !

Susanoo: For Lubbock, Bokkai shrimp, fresh from the water !

Susanoo: For Leone, Oden and chilled alcohol, a very expensive local product !

Susanoo: For Tao, a mountain of sticky rice and various grilled fishes with it, seasoned with the juice.

"*Drooool*"

Susanoo: For Akame, an assortment of meats. It's cooked with my ultra-secret sauce !

Susanoo: Tatsumi said anything was fine, so a special Susanoo lunch-set.

Tatsumi: ... Isn't this a kid's meal... ?

Najenda: Well, now that we've gotten our favorites from Susanoo, let's eat well, be on high spirits, and...

Everyone: *NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM*

Najenda: ... And you all started eating before I even began to speak, huh. Good to sea you all in high spirits already.

Mine: Hmm ! So sweet ! It's so good ! Hey Tatsumi, do you want to try some of-

Leone: Taooo ! If your sis' cup is empty, what are you supposed to do ?

"... Make sure she's not completely wasted for the job ?"

Leone: ... ... ...

"Fine, fine, I'll fill it up."

Leone: Goood, good ! Good job, Taooo !

Tatsumi: ... What was that, Mine ?

Mine: Hmph. Nothing.

Akame: Your cooking is amazing as always, Suu !

Lubbock: Whoa ?! Done already ?!

Tatsumi: Yeah, I don't know what we'd do without you.