Chapter 17: Beach Episode

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Lubbock: ... An intruder from the base of the mountain... ?! The number is... one person... What's with this speed ?!

 Lubbock: 'It isn't ordinary at all !'

???: It seems like the danger beasts in the mountains are all gone. So Stylish's posthumous mementos are basically all dead, huh... Guess I'll go to the top for now.

Lubbock: 'He's fast enough to climb halfway up the mountain in a few minutes... I don't know who it is, but I'm not gonna stick around to run into him... I'll hide and let him pass ! Tao isn't coming down from the top, either... It's starting to get suspicious.'

Esdeath: Mmmm~. It's undoubtedly Tao's scent. You're the real thing.

*Tao's status: Caught by Esdeath in an instant*

Esdeath: How dare you run away... I was lonely...

"Let go of me, you crazy woman ! Why are you even there ?!

Esdeath: i'm exterminating the Danger beasts that have been terrorizing the Capital area, a night patrol... ... You too, Tao, what're you doing here...

'... Shit, she's into me... I mean, in more ways than before... that came out wrong...'... Could you perhaps let go of me first..."

Esdeath: No. I won't let you run again.

"... ... ... I need not to justify myself. They were beast feasting on the people here, so I went and took it upon myself to erase them. that's all."

Esdeath: Hm... So you're here to exterminate them too. I wonder, what were you doing all that time ? Did you get in touch with the revolutionary army ?

"... I'm here to change that Empire, not replace it. And if I can't do it through politics, then... I will through strength."

Esdeath: I see... You've certainly leveled up, with your physique, becoming more prominent... You've tried hard in this amount of time ! You can still rise even further.

"He... Hehe... 'Hold on, what am I feeling right now ?!'"

Esdeath: I've more or less cleaned up all of the danger beasts here... They were annoying, but... I was able to meet you thanks to them. I don't understand how Fate works.

'To screw me over ! This is just me going from Charybdis to Scylla ! I can't fight, and one wrong step here will just result in my head flying !'

Esdeath: 'His face is cute when he thinks, too.' ... There's a lot of hindrances here. I know you're here. Come out. If you don't, I'll attack.