Chapter 42: Fall

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

Honest: A general at the front lines, leading their troops... Clashing into battle with the fate of the country on the line. That kind of war... Is old and obsolete. This is how my war is fought !

 This is how my war is fought !

Honest: Giving orders to fire... From a safe and secure location ! And just like that, I can kill people in droves ! i'm pretty sure I've already killed tens of thousands ! Clearly, this is the most rational and logical method !

Honest: Bu... But even I have to admit... This is absolute overkill... Blasting the rebel army to smithereens !! THIS BATTLE IS SO LOP-SIDED, I CAN'T HELP BUT LAUGH !!

Your POV:

Leone: Wh... What the hell is that thing... ?! It's gigantic... !

"... The Empire's very last line of defense... And something that should never been used... The Emperor's inside that thing, controlling it ! And I can bet Honest's somewhere enjoying the massacre !"

Akame: Then we need to hurry ! Taking down the rest of our targets to stop that thing !

Leone: Akame ! That miserable Saikyuu has probably found somewhere safe to hide by now.

Akame: The basement ! He was the founder of the assassination squad, so that would be my guess.

"Yeah... On the other end, I can't miss that stench coming from above... As his usual, Honest is sitting over a pile of rotting maggots..."

Akame: ... In order to ensure we succeed in burying our targets... We were given specific instructions not to separate from each others...

Leone: But if we do split up now... We can eliminate the last ones much faster. One target, one kill... Akame !

Akame: Right back at you two ! That's our mission !!

'... You just wait for me, little brother... After I gut that pig, i'm coming for you...'