Chapter 16: Stylish Fallout

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

 Emperor: Thanks to the Jaegers, criminal activity in and around the capital has been swept away

Emperor: Thanks to the Jaegers, criminal activity in and around the capital has been swept away. Perhaps fearing you, General, Night Raid hasn't done anything in the last two months. What splendid results

Esdeath: yes. As soon as we find Night Raid, we will quickly cut hunt them down as well.

Emperor: Yes. That's good and all, but... I apologize, for I have not found any men for you that meet your specifications. So if the Minister is no good, then how about his son ? I think that he would be rather promising.

Honest: ... ... ... ... ...

Esdeath: Your majesty. As I have reported before, I have already found someone on my own. It is all right.

Emperor: But that man disappeared, did he not ? You cannot be in love that way.

Esdeath: I burn with the passion to once again have him... I think that this is also love...

Emperor: ... ... ... How deep !

Honest: I don't really think so, but... ...

Honest: perhaps it's that he's been influenced by you, but it seems that His Majesty also has some interest in love. If he grows a little more, then we can send him on a corruption course of alcohol, women, and gourmet food. Nufufufu...

Esdeath: And that way, you can keep using him as a puppet is what you're saying.

Honest: His majesty shall have some sweet, sweeeeeeeet experiences.

Esdeath: ... Don't give him any adult diseases, now.

Honest: So... I still have something to ask of you, General.

Esdeath: What might that be ?

Honest: The new species of danger beast that has started appearing around the capital. I wash for you to defeat and capture it.

Esdeath: That case... We've also been investigating that. At first, it only appeared in dense forests and mines, but a few days ago, it broke into village houses and ate the occupants.

Honesty: Exactly. Like how it looks similar to a human... Don't you think that it could be an interesting toy ? Great General Budo has ordered to destroy it, but... I wish to examine it, by all means.

Esdeath: All right. I had wanted to try hunting it, after hearing that it was a ferocious Danger beast. I'll bring two or three of them back alive. Send the rewards to the rest of my troops stationed in the North.