Chapter 39: Gentlemen, I *Love* War.

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Wave: We're going to get far away from the Imperial Capital.

"And we'll make it look like the two of you were smashed to bits and killed in the line of duty, don't worry. And with the remains of Yatsufusa as proof, it shouldn't be that hard."

Wave: If the Empire caught wind of that story, then I suppose we really would be free. We're in your debt.

Tatsumi: By the way... You look pretty good for someone having wielded two Teigu...

"And you look pretty good for someone with a bunch of scales and horns all over his body."

Wave: Yeah, the way you are now, it's not something that'd make you even flinch... But I feel like a crash of elephants just danced on me... but it was all I could do just to keep up with you... Truth be told, I got off pretty easy...

"yeah, imagine that between the three of us, the one who got hurt the most was the one not directly involved in the brawl..."

Wave: heh. Well, if a certain someone hadn't powered-up so much, I wouldn't have had to throw caution to the wind to bridge the gap in strength... '... I owe you another one, Ran... Put it on my tab...'

Akame: You really are incredible, Wave. You saved my sister.

Wave: Nah, you guys are incredible ones... Holding steadfast to your convictions and seeing this through. After all, we're the ones turning tail and running.

Akame: ... You have my gratitude. I'll leave my sister in your hands.

Wave: Just leave it to me. I'll be living for that sole purpose alone.

Kurome: Sis !

Akame: ... You had great comrades, Kurome.

Kurome: Hey, sis... Even if I could do it all over again, i'd still want to be your little sister.

Akame: ... Same here. I'd happily choose to be your big sister again too. Live a happy life.

Kurome: I will ! See ya ! Take it easy...

Tatsumi: ... It feels awkward saying this out loud about your enemy... But I think we can trust Wave.

Akame: yeah. When he found out I was going to kill Kurome, he completely lost it... of all the people, I can definitely entrust my little sister to him. ... Uu... Uuuuu... Kurome... Kurome... !

Tatsumi: Akame... You should be jumping with joy. No one had to die today. I can't think of a better thing to celebrate !
Akame: ... Hmm...

"Celebrate, huh... Well, not exactly quite yet, I'm afraid... Esdeath and the Minister are still around, and they will be the hardest to deal with by far..."

Leone: Can't you just be a little more upbeat, please ? There's only these two remaining.
"As much as I'd love to... We're really starting to push them back now. This is the last stretch, so let's throw ourselves into this battle... This Empire forcing two sister to kill each other, will be erased..."

Leone: Yeah, let's. Then afterwards, we'll throw a huge party. In light of all the recent somber and callous events, it was refreshing to see something so heartwarming... I hope we can ride this wave all the way to the very end.

'.. Why stop there ? Not to the final battle... But right through it. Innocent blood has been spilled... And from then, the new fruits will be born...'