Chapter 38: Shattered rules

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

 Wave: 'The captain is with the war council at the palace

Wave: 'The captain is with the war council at the palace. So the only option is for me to look for her myself ! She couldn't have gone far... She's got to be fighting somewhere nearby... ! An explosion... or some kind of roar... Anything at all ! Just give me any kind of clue to track her down !! Where are you... Kurome !!'

Akame: ... 'It's just as Kurome says... From the moment I dedicated myself to all of this, I should've prepared myself for this very moment.'

Kurome: Before I came here, I took a potent version of a powerful enhancement drug. You won't have the luxury of holding back and taking it easy on me like you did when you pulled out of the Empire.

Akame: ... 'She's right... Holding onto any lingering attachments in the midst of battle... Can even adversely affect the likes of Esdeath... I've got to resteel my resolve;'

Akame: As of now, we're nothing but mutual enemies. When we battle, I will show no mercy. If you wish to stand down, speak up now... Otherwise... Kurome, I will bury you.

Kurome: Looks like you've flipped your switch for me. Fine then, let's do it, big sis. When I defeat you, we won't only be together again, but I'll also restore your honor. Which means I'll be able to have "Our" existence even acknowledged by the Empire.

Akame: Let us see... Whose resolve will win out ! Come ! Kurome !!

Kurome: HERE I AM !!

Akame: 'She's not activating Yatsufusa... ?!'

 Akame: Nghk !

Akame: Nghk !

Kurome: So this is the potent super enhancement drug... Incredible ! The way I am now... Crushing you isn't far-fetched, sis !