Chapter 23: Preparations

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

 Tatsumi: Well then, we'll be going now

Susanoo: Don't go near the cathedral. We've heard reports of heightened security there.

Lubbock: Yeah. We can't even go near it without some kind of a plan, anyway. Doesn't help that we're about the only ones who can go there.

"Worst of all, I don't even have a wanted poster... It's just Esdeath being personally after me... Oh, and by the way, speaking of personally. We made lunches for you."

Tatsumi: Oh ! Thanks !

"Mostly Suu. Akame took care of the taste testing... By eating half of it."

Akame: ... I'm really sorry. I was just going to take a bite, but... It was so delicious...

Tatsumi: No. I'm thankful that there's still half of it left.

Mine: ... Oh. What are you up to, Tatsumi ? You're going out ?

Tatsumi: Yeah. We're going to go see how the town is.

Lubbock: We'll investigate, and if possible, whittle down their forces. That's about all we can do until the underground tunnel is finished.

Mine: ... Alright, then Tatsumi and I will go. Switch with me, Lubbock.

Lubbock: WHA ?!

Akame: Don't push yourself too hard. Even though it's been a month, you're not completely recovered yet.

Mine: i've been focused on getting better, so it's not a problem ! Besides, we can't rely on just Tatsumi and Lubbock. It'll be fine if I go instead.

Lubbock: For the record, I defeated two Rakshasa demons...

Mine: Whatever, switch, switch ! Come on ! Let's go, Tatsumi, investigation !

Tatsumi: Uh, yeah.

Akame: ... Mine... Could it be that you... 'You really wanted to eat those lunches... I know how you feel !'

'She probably doesn't realize they're in love...'

Lubbock: 'She must be thinking of something completely off...'

Susanoo: 'She must have regrets about those lunches...'

*Correct assumptions*

Lubbock: OW !! Damn it, with you guys... First you with Leone and Esdeath, next Tatsumi with Mine...