Chapter 44: Born for war

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Makoto: Ha... H- Haaah...

"This battle... This war... No, this entire Empire is finished. This is your last chance to surrender and avoid any more bloodshed."

Makoto: ... Not only... Did you dare raise your hand against the empire... You use the name of my late brother to do so... YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR MIND, YOU INSECT !! IT'S FAR FROM OVER !!

 Officer: The Imperial soldiers are pouring out in mass exodus !! All of the castle gates have been opened !

Najenda: ... With their own allies inflicting collateral damage on them from the rear, their morale in all likelihood is non-existent. 'We ourselves were on the brink... Having to not only deal with that giant Teigu's arsenal but also Esdeath's might... And yet, they brought ruin to themselves. Or rather... While Tatsumi lit the final fuse of their self-destruction... Tao made sure the fire spread as wide as possible...'

Soldier: So then... The empire... Has fallen... ?

Najenda: yes. We may have endured immense casualties from their latest assault... but now, the battle amongst our fellow countrymen is over. ALL THAT REMAINS IS TO TAKE DOWN THAT GIANT TEIGU AND ESDEATH, THEN TOTAL VICTORY SHALL BE OURS ! ALL TEIGU USERS, ASSEMBLE !!

Makoto: Preparation for all-cannon simultaneous fire... Will be completed shortly. I don't care who or what... I shall blast off all these rebels !

"You never get it, do you... You have already lost. What I'm giving you is a chance to get out of here with your head held high."

Makoto: SHUT UP !! FIRE !!

*... ... ... ...*

"... Aaahh... The deafening silence of sudden realization..."

Makoto: What... What is that ?! You scum, what did you do ?!

"Oh, I'm truly sorry. I just bleed a bit all over the commands on my way here. So let's get you out of this stupid globe."

Makoto: G- Get back !! This is the Supreme Teigu... I... THIS EMPIRE WILL NOT BE DEFEATED !!

"Both have already been defeated, Makoto. I told you, didn't I ?"

Makoto: Hnnngh ! Stop toying with that, you rebel scum !! ONLY THE EMPEROR OF THIS NATION CAN CONTROL THE SUPREME TEIGU ! IT IS NOT A TOY FOR PEASANTS !!