Chapter 10: Hospital

~Drystan Aeron

The thumping sound of my heartbeat accelerated as it all went in slow motion, me rushing towards dabria as gravity attracted her limping body. My left went under her head from banging on the concrete side path as other wrapped around her waist. Slowing laying her down gently I snapped my head around for any other attack or for the backup she called for earlier.

A lump formed inside my throat as I watched blood covering her abdomen and flowing down meeting the floor. Stretching to my left I grabbed dabria's phone and gun. Rushing to the side of my car, I laid her down on the backseat strolling over to the driver's seat I drifted off to the nearest hospital.

My knuckles tighten around the wheel as the traffic spread across the road making it harder to rush. "Fucking hell" I muttered as dabria's phone rang picking it up I answered the call. " Bri where the fuck you are" an annoying voice came over from the other side I winced removing the phone from my ear. " Fucking calm down, she was shot so I'm taking her to the nearest hospital cause your backup was fucking late" i hissed in the phone anger building inside me. If they were here in time this would not be the situation, dabria wouldn't be in this condition laying around in a pool of her own blood.

"Drystan" the girl on the other side sounded somewhat shocked and amused " no your freaking grandpa" I grumbled into it already maddened by the traffic. "What the fuck are you even doing with her-" I cut her off with my own chilled voice. " Now's not the time I'm taking her to the hospital, meet me there" said that I hung up. Drifting my car around other car

~~~~~~~~

I glared at the nurse standing a few feet away from me as she looked me up and down like a juicy piece of meat, twirling a strand of hair in wrapped around her index finger as she shoved her checklist tablet up her boobs. " What" I snapped at her as she stood up straight a ghost look on her face. How did she expected me to react?

" Uh-nothing, just get these things from down there-" she stops trailing a hand down my arm while giggling-fucking giggling, what is she six?"-from the uhh.... second floor" turning and twisting the pen in her hand as a seductive smile creeps its way up fluttering her eyeslashes at me.

Snatching the papers from her hand I looked down at it reading them carefully. Looking up " maybe if you concentrate more on your patients file other than their waiting members you would have seen that these medications are not for the patient I brought inn for treatment" I said watching as colour flushed her face tension crawled its way up her shoulders as she looked up at me. Taking back the paper from me she muttered a small 'sorry' giving me back bri's medication priscription.

Walking around the hospital floor watching people crying over the members they have lost with pain in their cries and happiness over the one's that have been saved. Doctors rushing back and forth, people dragging themselves with baggy eyes and medicines in their hands, nurses running around with flies and other supplies needed.

Life can't be promised it can be taken away from us in a blink of an eye as we still try to understand the reality. In a flash we were laughing and talking and here I am walking around in a hospital getting medications for a girl who fought to save me and her life fighting for her life now. When she told me she was a mafia leader a jolt of proud filled my organs my mother was never the one to express herself let alone stand for herself. I always wanted her to stand for herself but when I saw the respect in Leon's eyes was something that I liked about her. She was not in anyone's control ruling the world being on the top of it like a fucking queen he is.

"Drystan" I stopped breaking the train of my thoughts as I turned around to the source of a familiar voice. Leon jogged up to me as placed a hand on my shoulder breathing like a dog. " For a mafia member your physical health is shit" I commented giving his a look. He shoved my shoulder glaring at me playfully " I'm a tech guy no bang bang one" he pointed his index and middle finger joining them together folding the rest placing it top of his other palm that was open flat. Mocking a gun.

I chuckled my eyes landed on people behind him as I saw the girl from school that was with dabria and five other men I didn't knew. " Where are you going" Amara asked raising a eyebrow at me, I gave her fake smile " I'm searching for the supply room so I can get a sharp knife to slit your throat into two" she threw glares at me, Leon must have sensed the tension as he cut through it " ahh...so funny of you nox but seriously though where are you going" he asked giving me a warning look rolling my eyes I waved the priscription in the air " to get the medication they asked for" I said in a duh tone.

Leon made a perfect 'o' face taking in the situation where as amara's glare turned into a suspicious look with a sigh of her hand I guy came forward he didn't look anywhere above fifteen he stood infront of me as I took in his posture. His hands were behind his back and his shoulders were tensed with his orbs moving around not meeting my gaze, that ment that he was either nervous of me or a newbie, I believed the first one giving him the priscription as he bolted off.

" So now you-" amara pointed her manicured hands with pointy nails at me."-come with me and spill what happened and how did she got hurt" saying that she turned around walking to the waiting area. Rolling my eyes I followed her reminding myself of all the activities that happened in the past few hours and spill all the details to them.

____________________________________

Sorry guys it took me some time to update on this chapter but not anymore their will be weekly updates on this book <3

Vote <3

Comment ;)

Xoxo ❤️