Chapter 16 : Would you?

~Dabria Esmeray Marciano

Me and Amara were the last one standing at the counter waiting for our icecreams to be prepared, the boys were waiting for us outside.

" Are you gonna ask drystan for the ball?" Amara asked breaking off the comfortable silence. My shoulders lifted up and slumped back down as a lazy shrug. " I don't know, what about you" I countered back at her watching as she cupped her hands around her icecream cup and placed the spoon in between her mouth. " I really don't know, maybe any one night stand of mine or I'll just go alone." She brushed off the topic. She was about to say something but I got my order, taking it from the girl I turned towards her. " Let's go out they must be waiting for us" she nodded her head dismissing the topic as we walked out of the parlour.

The chilled night sent a sweet shiver up my spine as we spotted drystan and Alex talking and eating their icecreams. The siren sound in the background fades away as my minds drift to the question amara asked me earlier.

I don't want to involve drystan in my world. It's too dangerous if anyone will know about him, they'll go for him. I don't want it to end the same way it ended all the way back in the past. My neck snapped sideways as I felt a tap on my shoulder. Amara was standing with her icecream, her lips pursed " don't" a heavy exhale left my lips. " I don't know A, I don't want him to get into these chains to which we are bound to" a sigh left her lips as she came forward facing me. " It's not gonna happen again, okay. I haven't seen you giggling in what feels like forever, and he did that." She turned over to face the guys who were looking at us with their intense gaze. " I think you should take him to the ball." She finished and took another bite of her icecream.

"Let's go" I sighed for what feels like I'm doing very often. The clicking of our heels echoed on the silent pavement. As the night seemed to grow a little bit older with each step we took.

"Hey" drystan muttered as we reached them. I gave him a small nod and took a bite of my icecream. " What's up with you cupcakes" he asked his voice controlled with concern but he covered it up with a teasing tone. " Don't call me that" I rolled my eyes watching as a small smile tugged at his lips. " Okay, what's going on, On a serious note." He asked his voice harder than before. Raising a eye brow at him I watched as heat crept up his neck. " I mean if you want to share" he finished and took a hurried bite into his icecream.

I cleared my throat and looked at him to find his gaze buring on my face. " Can we talk?" I asked him. " Yep, like we are talking but what is it?" I smile fought on my lips as I looked down at the concert road shaking my head lightly I looked back up. " In a little private nox" I watched as his face turned serious as he nodded his head. 

We walked silently to the alley beside the icecream parlour in an awkward silence. My heart was thumping inside my chest so hard. My eyes were roaming around searching for anything to distract myself, but way his captivating eyes gazed in mine made stuck, stop in my movement. The deepth in those emerald eyes always makes me want to have a walk in them to look out what it hides and what is burried deep but scared of the darkness my grey one's will bring to them if I stare in them for to long. Snapping my eyes shut I took in a deep breath opening my eyes i prused my lips.

" I have a ball coming up." I muttered still looking in his eyes. It's like I'm stuck I can't focus on any other thing other than his dence emerald eyes. Clearing my throat I continued. " Would you...–" I stopped mid way feeling like a weight was stuck in my throat. " Be your date." He finished my sentence my eyes met his again the shimer in those told me everything I needed to know. " Yeah" my voice was softer and weaker. I didn't like it. I don't want to be weak, they'll eat us alive if I'm weak.

" Yeah" he said wiping his hands as he threw his icecream cup in the trash can behind him. I nodded my head in approval biting the inside of my cheeks " I'll share the details with you " he nodded his head still staring in my eyes as he took two big step covering the distance between us.

The heat radiating off his chest gave a cozy feeling as I found comfort in his closeness. " Nox let's go, your mom has called me like fifty times already man ! " Alex yelled from the pavement him and Amara was eating their icecreams. His eyes snapped back at the entrance of the alley as he clenched his jaw, he lowered his face and when his eyes met mine. They were dark, dence, intense.

He came closer, I few more centimetres and our lips would have touched. He came closer and my eyes flew shut, my heart felt in my throat as heat crept it's way up my neck. His soft lips touched my warm skin as he  placed a light kiss on the corner of my mouth as his harsh breath fanned on my left ear. Leaning over to my ear he placed a light kiss on my earlobe. " Until next time cupcakes" he whispered and kissed my flushed cheeks one last time before standing back.

I gulped watching as he licked him lips. He chest moved up and down as he tried to control his breathing. Heat rushed to my core as I cursed at him silently for making me feel this way.

" Let's go" he said as a smirk fought its way up his face.

This little shit !