Chapter 31: Raining Eyes

~Dabria Esmeray Marciano

A long needed breath escaped from in between my lips as I pushed my chair away from the table a little, resting my head against the headrest. Closing my eyes, my eyes drifted to the events that happened two days back.

The sparky glint i saw in drystan eyes made my insides brighten up to an extent even a blind man can tell. His touch is warm and somehow always comfortable.  Or the way his eyes burn into mine inking his soul with mine. Even the silence between us drifts with such easy flow it makes me question it all.

Is it even real?

What I might be feeling for him, does he think the same way, or is it just my mind playing another stupid.

But for all i know, it's the only good thing I've ever had after thirteen years of my father making the monster I am today, sitting on this throne rulling over thousands of people, killing hundreds of men and women and still had some sanity left before I go insane.

The ringing of my phone snapped me out of my mind web, as I looked at the caller. My brows scrunched together as Amara's name popped on my screen, it was part one in the night and she usually has her casual hook ups. Dismissing my questions I picked her call.

"Hello?"

"Bri" I heard her breathless voice, a frown settled on my face as i heard commotion on the other side, the rushing of cars and screaming of people and some sirens. Was she at drystan's race tonight?

" Amara call dabria and follow my car I'm taking him to the hospital." My back stiffed after hearing Alex's voice in the background.

"A, what's happening?" I asked my knuckles turned white with my girp on the whiskey square glass. "Drystan had an accident."

Four words, it took just four words to cause a crack at my ice cold heart. The distant noice of the glass breaking and piercing through my palm was all some actions happening far far away. The way my hands felt numb even after the burning pain the glasses must have caused. Blinking my eyes I asked a simple word "hospital"

I didn't hear a single word she said but somehow my mind grasped the information as I grabbed my motorbike keys and rushed out of my office, running like a madman who's been set on fire.

Rolling around the corner of the city I drove like a insane person, drifting from side to side. Breaking past the signals, my mind flashed the images of a bloodied sight of drystan laying unconscious and in possible danger.

A shaky breath left my lips and I removed my helmet and rushed inside the hospital. The receptionist didn't need any information to tell me which floor he was on, because they were affiliated with our mafia only. My heart thumped inside my chest so hard I could feel every lub dub against my ribs.

As the metal door of the elevator parted my eyes met with Amara's blank face. She gave me a small smile "I'm going to get some coffee for his sister and mom, do you need one?" I shook my head negative. Walking out I took a left turn as two women sat beside Alex as one of them–that i suppose was drystan's mother–had her head on his shoulder as Alex tried to comfort her.

Dragging my feet against the marble floor, my heels clicked with my each step. Their head turns my way. Realisation crossed through her mother's eye. It wasn't rare that people don't know me. With affiliated hospitals and NGOs my face is well known even in the legal world. Alex saw me and stood back on his feet. He came closer, for only us to hear. "She's drystan's mom and her sister, Sandra and Lia." I nodded my head twice.

My hands were locked in the front as I stepped aside and moved towards the two ladies sitting on the waiting chair. "Hello Mrs. Aeron and Lia" my voice was law and hard. My mind still running over the thought of seeing drystan. Sandra nodded her head as Lia gave me a small smile.

"I suggest you both go home and get some rest, I'm here to look after him." Even if they thought it was a suggestion but truly it wasn't even a choice. His mother looked at me and then at Alex. She nodded her head weekly and got off the chair as both of them walked towards the elevator. "Mrs. Aeron, my driver will drop you both home." She paused and glanced my way, a small smile formed on her lips as she stepped into the elevator.

A sigh left my lips as I turned over to Alex. "What happened?" My voice was shaky as I looked at the door behind which drystan was. I watched as Alex jaw clenched and his eye burning with pure rage. "it was fucking Damon." I could feel the hatred dripping from his voice. My mind ran free with ways I could torture and give Damon an slow agonizing death. It wasn't until the doctor reached out to us.

"The patient is under control for now, he had a concussion and a broken rib with scratches on his forehead and arm, he was a lucky guy to survive it, he's gaining consciousness as well. I recommend you meet him one at a time." He then told us the medications and ways to help him heal faster.

I walked towards the door, holding on to the handle for my life as i took a deep breath in and pushed it open. The sight in front of me made my eyes burn from the pressure behind them. Drystan had an oxygen mask on his face while the monitor was showing his heartbeat, pulse and oxygen level. I licked my dried lips as I moved further and sat down before him.

"Hey" my voice came out squeaky, gaining his attention as he opened his eyes. A soft small smile formed on his face as he saw me. His hand reached up as he removed the oxygen mask and replied. "Hie" he voice was rough as he tried to clear his throat. I leaned on my side and grabbed the glass of water and passed that to him. He wrapped his finger around the glass as he weekly pressed it against his lips. I never thought he had such effects on me, he has already made his way inside my coldness, melting away the ice with his warmth.

He passed me the glass of water back and held his hand out, i placed my hand on his as he threaded his fingers with mine bringing it up to his mouth. A shiver rolled down my spine as his lips brushed against my skin, I smiled at him and ran my free hand through his hair, a sigh of satisfaction left his lips as he looked at me.

The sound of clouds roaring made his look at the already dark sky, grey clouds colouring the whole sky preparing themselves to brush out the paint. Drystan looked back at me and smiled.

"You're eyes are like clouds." I chuckled at his statement, his hand squeezed mine as his eyes looked in mine, unraveling the curtains and finding what was hidden behind them and said.

"And the clouds like your raining eyes."

___________________________________________

God!!!
I can't wait to write and update the next chapter....
See yaa soon lovely people

Xoxo💗