Chapter 49: Gone

~Dabria Esmeray Marciano

I blinked and again tried to adjust my sight to the darkness that looms in this room. They have been gone for a few hours—probably four hours. I tried to move again but my attempt only failed as a small cry of pain left my throat setting me back still. My right arm and shoulder had gone numb partly. But it burned like hell.

Shuffling at the door woke me up, jerking my body I narrowed my eyes at grey who looked at me with a pair of keys in his hands. "Let's free the locked princess shall we." I scoffed at him. "As if you'll let me go." My voice was dry and my throat itched for water. "Such a smartass why don't you do as we ask you to do?" My eyes were locked at him as he came forward freeing my hands.

My hands shot at him the moment he freed me punching him across his face. He stumbled back but didn't lose his stance. I killed him in his balls and ran out of the room. I could hear him cursing at me and groaning in pain as I ran towards the staircase.

A hand came over my shoulder making me cry out in pain. Their fingers digging into my injured shoulder. "Not so quick now are you Donna." I glared back at Alaric and elbowed him in below his ribs. He gasped out loosening his grip. I turned to run but someone tugged at my hair. My eyes burned from the pain my body was going through but I didn't let the fall.

Dragging me back with them I looked at Marcel who was dragging me into another room. My spine stiffened when I saw the shackles that were hanging from the ceiling. I kicked him in his knee but he didn't bulge. I could feel blood slithering down my right thigh.

"It doesn't have to be so hard Dabria, just step down." Marcel said once again like i haven't heard him the first time. "I've told you once and I'll say it again over my fucking dead body." I rasped out breathing in and watched as he ignored my comment and locked my hands to the shackles.

"Round two of fun." I heard Alaric's voice but i couldn't see their fucking faces. I was helpless and blinded now also. I breathed in again as fear clawed up its way in my chest. I couldn't lose myself to them. "You're pretty little bitches must be planning something to get you away. Let's give them a piece of my mind shall we?" He laughed like a mad man and I would like nothing more than to tear down this bastard right at this moment.

"You want to give yourself off for the kingdom that wasn't ever yours thinking it will make you all great and shit so be it." My shoulders tensed when Alaric pressed his hands on my shoulder tearing down my shirt. My heart thundered in my chest. My throat clogged with fear as I helplessly waited for their next brutal action.

A whimper echoed throughout the dark room as a single tear fell on my cheek the first hit of the whip burnt into my skin. Biting my lips I waited for another, tears slithered their way down my cheeks mixing with the blood that flowed down my lips from biting them too hard. But I didn't scream.

My body jerked with another hit, exhausted by the pain from the torture that was being inflicted on it. I breathed in through my nose and out through my mouth. My eyes flew shut as I cried out in pain with another hit. My knees went weak as I stumbled forward. Swaying off my body weight.

I cried out when someone pulled at my hair, my eyes red with tears but I still glared at him. At Alaric. But i found somewhere in me as I smiled at him. He frowned down at me as I laughed off at him. My throat is hurting from being dry and sore. "You're such a bitch, seeking pleasure in torturing me, yet you know that you can't kill me." I smiled at him and continued "And when I'll come for you Alaric, you better run. Because you are only making the monster hungry for blood." I grinned at him like a lunatic. He released my hair, my chin hit my chest as I bore his whips at my back again till my voice died down my breaths slow on a verge of passing out. And their heavy breaths.

"I'll fucking shoot this bitch right now!" Alaric roared but no one said anything. My mind was tired on the verge of giving up. A small smile stretched on my lips as I remembered my time with drystan. His warm eyes, his comfort hands he was my home yet I have not told him that. And i feared I might not be able to. I didn't fear me dying. Cause I know Amara will go down a bloody massacre to avenge my death. I feared I won't be able to live with my home, my nox. I gave in into the resistance of not closing my eyes. And accepted the darkness.

Home, warmth. It felt like being in the arms of drystan. But I felt commotion. I tried to open my eyes trying to gain my senses back but my vision was blurred. I gulped my hands felt numb by my side. My whole body felt numb.

"Hey baby" his voice, drystan's voice. Was he here? Am I dreaming? No he can't be here.

"You can't be here" I whispered. My vision is still blurred which irritated me further. "They'll find you—you have to go" my voice died down as darkness covered the corner of my eyes. "I'll always be with you baby" and I felt like a child who was shown love for the first time. Held with gentleness for the first time.

"You have to pay back my teasing rose, please stay awake— I didn't hear what else he said, but I felt at home. So i pressed my head against his warm chest and let my rest.

___________________________________________