Chapter 40: Dead Soul

~Dabria Esmeray Marciano

My eyes sharpened as we walked through the back door. I kept aware of my surroundings. I could hear the shouting and the gun shots that were going off. Men barking orders some speaking in Russian some in Italian. I rushed inside drystan not far away from me. Looking around I signaled drystan to follow me into the kitchen.

I needed to look for Ma and grey and get them out first. Hearing step behind me I turned around pointing my gun at my own father. Glaring at him I lowered my gun. "Where the fuck is Ma and grey?" I barked at him as he gave me a nasty look. "I don't fucking know, I just came in." I scoffed. As I rushed past him into the living room. Ducking my head as a dagger flew past my head. I shot the man down. I ran down into the sitting area. "Uccidi tutti ma salvane uno vivo." [Kill Everyone but keep one alive.] I shouted my voice clear enough for my men to hear. I was pulled back as a bullet barely missed me. I looked back at drystan who was too busy to shoot the man down.

I looked past drystan as a few men came rushing inside our way. Drystan followed my gaze as he shot down two men, shoving the dagger in one of man. I slit his throat as blood splattered against my face. Shooting the last one. I stood back up.

I tottered above on the first floor. Opening the doors and looking inside for maa and Grey. I ran outside onto the other side of the hallway when I saw two men marching my way with guns at my head. I shot the one on the left as the right got it's time and shot. I inhaled a deep breath as the bullet went through my arm. I could feel the blood trickling down my hand, but I killed him with a bullet in his head.

A boom went out downstairs making me jerk as my ears went silent. I rubbed my eyes as I ran down the stairs, my arms stinging with every step I took. I stepped into someone. "Bri" Amara's voice entered my ears as I shook away the wave of dizziness. I looked up at him and back at Alex. "Your not safe here Alex." I said and looked back at Amara. "I'm here to protect you both." He said his voice blank. I nodded my head, and went in the direction from where the boom went off.

The fog settled down as four men came our way with guns in their hands. Unloading my gun at them, I cursed as only one of them died. Two of them came my way as Alex handed the last one. My eyes became wary of my surroundings. " Amara" I shouted, my vision blurred as of the man punched me. Tumbling back. I shouted Amara's name again. My blood turned cold from the fury running through my veins. I kicked one of them in the groin. As he doubled over in pain. I shot him in between his eyes.

The other man that was walking over to Alex came rushing my by side. My hand twitched when I grabbed the dagger from my back and slit his throat. Blood poared down his neck as he gurgled and tried to put his arms around his neck. My fingers girpped his hair. Dragging him through the room with a trail of blood behind me. Alex watched me with wide eyes and fear that I saw in it. But i didn't care right now. No one hurts my people and live peacefully.

I walked into the ball room that was once made of beautiful sculptures on the wall was now wide open with the wall broken and crumbled down on the marble floor. I heard laughter coming from the ball. Which made the hair on my back stand up.

Rushing through the pieces of the broken wall I dragged the man with me. My shoulder tensed as my heart tumped inside my chest hard. My father and his best friend stood side by side with a few Russians soldiers behind him. Amara, David, Luke and Drystan tied on a chair. I looked around for my mother and grey. My eyes wattered at the thoughts that grasped my head.

My head whipped to my side when I heard the clicking of the shoes. My eyes went over to Grey and my mother at his side. Maa saw me and rushed by my side. I ran towards her but her face turned pale before she fell in my arms. A loud bang ran through the room as my the room fell silent.

"Maa!" Someone screamed, but it was my own voice. My hands came around her, she looked so much in pain and discomfort. I didn't want to look at the liquid substance that I was feeling against my hand. I looked up watching as grey smiled and lowered his gun. A fits of laughter went over again. Turning around I shot Marcel in his abdomen and Alaric in his shoulder. My eyes wattered as my vision blurred. "Maa?" my voice breaked as I looke down at her. Her eyes were open. I shook my head and jerked her body. "MAA!!" i screamed at her.

I knew she was good at not blinking. We use to play this game when I was a child. "Maa?" I sobbed pressing my face against her neck. Smelling her sent mixed with the metallic smell of blood. "Maa!" I shook my head as someone tried to pull me apart. My vision blurred at my arm stinged but not more than my heart. My mind my body, my soul. She was the only light in my life. And now I was in darkness.

__________________________________________