Chapter 29: Cigarette

~Dabria Esmeray Marciano

I pulled my hair in a high pony tying it with a rubber band. Opening the locker in my closet I picked two guns and a lighter with two sticks of cigarettes, placing one in between my lips I brought the lighter at the tip and ran my finger over the lighter watching as the blue flame burned the cigarette. My fingers wrapped around the cancer stick as I inhaled the poisoning substance, the bitter taste flows its way down. I watched as the grey smoke exhaled from my nostrils mixing with the surrounding.

I grabbed my keys and walked out of my room. Everyone left except grey, he was sleeping in the guest room. I asked Xavier to assign someone to look after him as a walked out of the house.

A small smile etched my face as I saw my mate black Jeep, opening the door I sat inside roaring the engine back to life like it's been waiting to run like a goddamn cheetah down those roads. My hands gripped the staring wheels, shifting the gears I drove out the house onto to the road.

On my way to the old guilty man caged in his own house.

Our mafia is the most cruel and ruthless we didn't spare anyone, not even women because we can see through those fake tears are the tales of them doing the most ruthless things even a man can't do. Nor families until they aren't found guilty, but we had never not under my watch has ever let children get involved in this shit. Getting them to do our dirty work, and it was the first rule i declared after me taking over the throne. That no one is allowed to use kids as a mean to do business.

And we didn't leave any fucker alive who violated that rule.

My eyes swallowed the house and the house number I asked leon to address me. It was a decent house, small garden in the front with one storey building painted with light shade of grey and pale green. The door was dark brown My eyes skimmed over the two black cars already parked in the driveway.

Walking over the front door my finger tips pressed against the door as it creaked open. I could hear slight murmurs coming from what I suppose was the living room, stepping inside was a total one eighty degree turn. The house was cold dark and dull I eyes gazed over the couch with burn holes and white powder-most probably cocaine-spread all over the floor.

Moving further in the sounds got clear as I heard john begging, begging for a cigarette, followed by a harsh slap and a thud noise.

I stopped and looked over to the dark living room where Amara leon and luke with a few other gaurds stood looking down at the petite figure of John. "Donna." Their voice synced in my ears as i gave them a nod of acknowledgement.

I walked over to John and crouched in front of him, his head in his hands. "John" i called him watching as he shivered and his incoherent mumbling got louder. He slightly lifted his head and watched me, I gave him a small smile.

A smile that would burn him down into ashes.

"I-I'm so-sorry Donna!...I didn't mean to in-involve children-uh, they c-came to me and-" he shut his mouth as I spoke. "Dear John, do you think I would punish you for such a small thing." His eyes light up as he removed his hands from his face and looked at me with a grin. "You-you, are not gonna kill me?" He asked with a small voice and I shook my head from side to side.

Stupid.

"Would you like a drink John?" I asked him the sinister smile stayed on my lips as all of my people watched me interact with the poor old John. He nodded his head as fast it could have killed him. My hand wrapped around his bicep as my nails dug deeper into his skin to a point where he hissed but didn't say anything. "I'll get you some." I stood back up and walked out of the living room.

Fetching out the bottle I walked back into the room where John was now looking up at me with sparks in his eyes and his mouth drooling over the bottle in my hand. Three steps, that all it took for me to stand in front of me.

John looked up at me his hands out as he waited for me to give him the bottle. "Please Donna." His tone was begging, begging to get a taste of the drink in my hand.

Taking the cap off, I bent down the bottle slightly watching as he reached up to grab it but couldn't.

Just above his reach.

He tried again, but couldn't he pushed his hands against the floor trying to stand but failed each time, his body too weak to give him strength, the sense of false strength he got from drinking and doing drugs, was away from his hand reach.

"Please Donna." He begged again, I bent the bottle over as the liquid poured over him, he opened his mouth like a hungry dog taking each drop he could get of alcohol like it was oxygen. The liquid splattered against the walls and drenching his cloths yet he didn't pay any mind.

Poor John.

I crouched down to his level again, his eyes red his face pale as he looked at me with wide eyes, his whole body was craving for more alcohol. "Would you like a smoke dear John?" I asked, fetching our another cigarette stick from my jacket. Tilting my head to the side i watched as he nodded his head yet, once again.

I held out the cigarette as he put his lips around it waiting for me to light it up. I heard Amara chuckle from behind as a smirk formed on my lips as well.

Gripping his face in between my finger he let out a hiss and watched me with his already wide eyes. "You were stupid to think that I came here just to offer you a smoke or drink poor John." I tsked. He shivered as his eyes wattered but he stayed silent. My nails dug harder into his cheek drawing blood.

"You want a cigarette John?" I asked again and grabbed the lighter. "Y-yes!" His voice was a whisper as he looked at the lighter in my hands with hopeful and desired eyes.

The room fell silent, the only sound was the dripping of alcohol from John's cloths and with woshing of the winds. He watched me as i light up the lighter and held it in my hand. "There is no space for mistakes here dear John." His eyes went wide as i saw the realisation cross in them.

Took him fucking forever to realise.

"No,NO!!" he begged as he crawled to my leg sticking like a bug. "Please Donna, p-please it-it won't happe-happen again." He begged holding my leg. "We don't involve John and we don't steel." I pulled my leg back and kicked him in the chest watching as he fell back coughing and crying out in pain. I bend over to meet his eye level, the cigarette still in his mouth.

"Enjoy the smoke dear John." I smiled and threw the lighter over him, poor John was a few seconds late to catch it. I watched as the spark of the lighter mixed with the hungry alcohol, consuming it all. Johns scream filled the dark and dull room which was now light up with the fire set on John.

" Will meet you in hell mate." I muttered watching as the wallpapers on the wall also cought up by the hunger of those flames. Burning with it. I looked back and it wasn't suprising when i saw leon puking in the corner of the room and luke helped him out while Amara was wearing her shades a pack of popcorn-how the hell did she got popcorn-in her hand as she stuffed her face with it watching the show with a grin on her face.

_________________________________________