Chapter 21:Conservatory

~Dabria Esmeray Marciano

We both walked back to the main hall leaving Alex to handle a drunk Amara. My eyes scanned the room once again to look out for kind of uncertainty. I felt drystan hand squeeze my waist as I looked my eyes with him, a small smile crawled his face with his eyes reflecting reassurance. Like he knew what I was looking for.

" Well, Well...do I see a couple here." Turning around I saw damon fucking Luca, standing a few feet from us with a ugly smirk on his face. Drystan snaked his hand around my waist pulling me closer to him. Damon's eyes followed his actions as he took a sip from his champagne.

" Mr. Luca." I replied watching him carefully.

"Donna." He looked back at me.

" I hope you're enjoying yourself here." My eyes ranked over him in search of any kind of danger. " The excitement just doubled." His eyes moved between us. " Very well then, pardon us we have somewhere to be." Drystan added in as he gave Damon a sharp glare, looking down at me he gave me small smile as we turned around walking away from him.

" I hate him." Drystan muttered as we kept walking. I chuckled softy, " why do you hate him so much, I know he's a ass but he knows how to play in this world." He scoffed as we reached the bar. " He's a cheat, I almost lost my way in the mains because of him." Sitting down on the table I ordered four shots of vodka and looked back at him. " He's a dirty player, I agree." I said and picked up the first shot gulping it down.

"Brii...iizzz!" My head snapped around as the scene unfold infront of me, Amara was strolling towards me with her arms open and a tired Alex was on her tale looking out for her. I wanted to hide away because it was so embarrassing to watch people turning our way and watching us with werid glances but no one seem to say a word because they knew their boundaries.

She stopped when she reached me, I looked behind as Alex huffed with frustration and ran a hand through his hand. " God what did that guy gave her." He grumbled out but underneath the frustration was a layer or worry and care for her. Drystan chuckled from my side as I threw a glare his way. " We should get going." I commanded as I stood up gulping down the rest of my–which indeed was needed because handling a drunk Amara was like handling a toddler with teenage hormones.

" Aye aye captain." She flexed her back and stood straight while giving me a salute. Both the boys let out a small laugh as we walked over to the exit.

" I'll be out in a minute." I said in a hushed tone as drystan bobbed his head up and down and followed both of them out. Turning around I walked upto the man sitting on the chair by the table and the woman standing beside him like a obedient wife she always was. " Father, Mama." Meeting my eyes my father scoffed and chucked down his i don't know which glass of whisky, while mother's eyes soften up when she saw me. " I'll take my leave I have some important matter to look into." Nodding her head she kissed my left cheek and smiled at me, looking down at father he was–as usual glaring at me. " Take care, father." He growled like a beast he was after hearing the mocking undertone of my voice.

Sensing a piercing gaze I looked back at Damon as he raised his glass of champagne with an ugly smile on his face as he gulped down the rest. He carried his masculine body towards me as he tried to hover over me. " Indeed short height doesn't suit you Mr. Luca" embarrassment covered his face as he put on a fake smile. " Well Donna, you seem to stand very tall and strong aren't you." His voice was laced with venom, bitter and poisonous.

" Are you threatening me Mr. Luca." His short height didn't do any justice to make him look intimidating as I hovered over him. My words were lethal piercing through his skin and stabbing him in his chest. " It seems like you're cold heart has melted over areon." He breathed out, I can see his hands shaking but he kept his facade on. " It doesn't concern you Mr. Luca." an ugly chuckle broke free from his lips. " Anything that makes you sleep peacefully Donna." My hard stare penetrated through his face facade as a drop on sweat slid down his temple. " You have quite a mouth Mr. Luca I would suggest you watch your back, threatening the Donna will get you nowhere but six feet under." Gracing a smile on my face I turned around and walked out the hall filled with egoistic fucking men.

Stepping out I inhaled the misty air. The winds ran pass my hair. The cool atmosphere almost made me felt at peace, only to be interrupted by a high pitch screech. " Brrrriiii...zzzz... You cameee I thought these stupid small dicks will take me home." Amara stretched her arms out of there grasp as she stubbled my walk. Working up my legs I reached her half holding her when she almost kissed the harsh ground.

" Get a fucking grip on yourself A." Snapping back at her I drew holes in her head, gripping her shoulder I dragged her towards the car. " Listen dickheads my bri is mad so if you gonna talk she's gonna chop your pee pee." Heat crept up my ears as I glared at her pushing her lightly into the car I looked at the not so gentlemen, looking at me sheepishly. They turned around and got in the car like a dog caught eating his master's food from the dead look they received from me.

After quite a struggle and a blasting headache we  all were settled in the car. Drystan was driving while I was trying to get comfortable in my seat while Amara was blabbering in Alex's lap.

She's gonna regret it all in the morning.

" Brriiiii..." I sighed and closed my eyes to grip on my slipping patience. " Yes Amara." I hissed but she payed to attention to it. " Did you ever feel likee these zuuu...in your stomach like an insect..no uhh–yes like Butterflies." She giggled as she turned over and looked out the window.

Did I ever?

All I ever felt was the ball of anxiety or panic eating me inside out, or the harsh kicks I would receive as a kid from father. But butterflies?

" No."

I could sence drystan's gaze on the side of my head. Amara huffed. " Never, like when you are near that person, your heart goes all hosen bolt or.. or like you feel you click really fast with tej person..uh..no like fuck fucking duckling... Like just what I felt with him you know, I was a kid but still you know how I felt you said yourself they were Butterflies, when you like someone you feel that."

"Amar–"

" You know bri I thought I would never feel that way again but I did again, a little only but I did but it's not about me did you ever feel that way?"

My heart felt a little at peace knowing she's feeling that emotion again. " No Amara I didn't." Looking back she was sleeping like a baby. Hopefully it didn't take us long to reach my mansion. Alexander carried amara bridal style into the mansion.

Clearing my throat I Turned back and strolled over the car and leaned on it beside drystan. " You both can stay back and go back at your places tomorrow it's quite late." He chuckled and in flash he was infront of me caging me in between his masculine hands. " It's only half past one at night bambino."[baby] a weird fuzzy sensation rolled in my abdomen. " You know I am Italian and very well know Italian and five more languages."

His eyes were fixed on me as he moved his hand and placed a strand of hair falling on my face behind my ears his chest vibrated with the deep hm sound. I thought he wasn't paying attention to what I was saying.

" I know." He muttered softly. " I also know you never got butterflies." His hands guided it's way down to my waist giving it a gentle squeeze.

" But I promise you baby, I'll give you a whole fucking conservatory." The words slipped past his lips which came down capturing mine into his.

And as he promised it was a whole fucking conservatory when his lips were against mine.

_______________________________________

Don't kill meee... I know I was gone for a bit– I mean a lottt but here I am again with another update...

But tbh I have so much things going on one after another I really couldn't get time to update this chapter,

I had this chapter written half-way but i wanted to a bit more romantic and yet powerful soo here it goesss....

And thankkk youuu sooo muchhh for loving this book sooo muchh I really couldn't describe it in words how much it means to mee🥀❤️

Okayyy till next update

Lovee youuu biiccchhhasss<3