Chapter 51: Safe

~Drystan Aeron

The commotion was loud, people were barking our orders getting jeeps and cars ready loading them with weapons. The scene seemed like a pre-programmed scenario. The capos of near territories were called at immediate notice. There were approximately a hundred soldiers lined outside the warehouse.

I looked at Amara who was calling out the plan once again. As luke passed the bullet proof vest to everyone. Securing the vest around me. My gaze turned around watching everyone. My hands flexed, it was a pressure of hurting them that bloomed inside my chest. Tightening every second till it blurred my vision with red rage.

The plan wasn't complicated it was see and shoot but not the three fucking bastards who betrayed the Cosa Nostra. Traitors who sought help out of the territory to break their own organisation down. 

The cars were loaded and all of us were ready. I grabbed my car keys rushed by and got in the driver's seat. Amara will be leading the group so she and Alex were driving in a car. My patience was running low as we turned and twisted down the roads. My mind flashed images of Bri's pale body and purple lips but I shoved them aside she can't be dead. She's a strong person. My queen she has to live. She will live and rule over her kingdom.

Amara took a left turn going into the woods. Following her path the road got jerkier as we drove into the woods. Rays of light passed through the trees that caused darkness like a hope for the hopeless. We came to a stop before a burned building. The dull and dark ambiance of the building was enough for me to guess that whatever happened or going to happen here is not good. Clutching my gun I jumped out of my car that was now parked behind a tree.

Our cars were parked in the shades of the trees and it would be impossible for anyone to see it from inside the building. Walking towards the doors it felt weird there weren't any guards. Or anyone in particular. Amara looked around vigilantly taking in her surroundings. My eyes snapped where I thought I saw something on the top of the building—but it looks like it wasn't something but someone.

"Down everyone!" I growled and ducked my head down as a bullet flew above my head. Gritting my teeth I pointed at the man who was shooting and aimed for him, pulling my trigger my shoulder jerked back lightly and the bullets stopped. It was quiet, so quiet that the thumping of my heart was loud enough for every creature in this forest to hear. I shook my hand running a hand through my hair as we slowly moved inside the building still ducking our heads. 

I looked at Amara who was looking at Alex intensely. But her gaze snapped at me when she felt my eyes on her. She nodded towards the first floor I gave her a shake of my head as I slowly walked towards the staircase. But the sound made me freeze. My entire being stood still as the sound came again. My eyes burned as I turned my head towards Amara she was looking at the staircase that went down into the basement. A shakey breath left my lips as I heard her cry again. My heart was beating against my chest so hard yet it felt like life was being squeezed out of it every second. My chest tightened as I rushed down the stairs. A pair of hands was what I felt before I was pulled back. I glared at Alex before I shook him off. But once again someone held me.

"Let me go!" I roared, I didn't care at this moment that if anyone heard me I wanted to run down the stairs kill each of those fucking bastards and hold my rose against my chest. I want to feel her warmth against me. Her sweet scent calmed me every single time. To hold her and tell her that I'm there, I'm here for her, I'll protect her. I won't let her go ever again. I thrashed against their holds. Amara's face came in front of me her hands gripped my head as she made me look into her eyes. Her eyes were darker I could see the pulse that was beating against her neck. "We're gonna get her. But we have to wait for them to get away from her." She said so quietly. Her hard eyes glared up at me. I grit my teeth as I struggled against their holds again. "Fucking let me go Amara!" I yelled at her, but i wanted to tell her that i didn't intend to do so. I was sorry for yelling at her but I couldn't. Not when she wad down their crying out in pain from God knows what they have been doing to her.

I jerked when Alex's face came so close to me his eyes were blank and hard. "Do you want her to die?" I looked at him as if he was joking but of course he wasn't. "Are you sick why the fuck would I want her to die? Now let me fucking go! She needs me!" I growled out when I was begging them now. I wanted them to let me go and save her. I can't hear her in pain. I can't let them hurt her. I shook my head as I slumped against their hold on me. My eyes burned with unshed tears as I looked back at Amara. My voice shook as I whispered so quietly even I was scared for it to say it out loud. "What if it's too late?" 

"She's going to live." That's it? Amara turned around giving out orders but I just looked down the dark staircase. My head hung low flinching every time I heard her voice. I'm so sorry rose. I can't help you I'm so sorry I couldn't come to you right now. I'm so so sorry my love.

"They are coming hide." Luke whispered I didn't know what was happening I just wanted to run down there and hold her in my arms. I was pushed back and down I looked at Alex blankly my stare turned into a glare when I saw Marcel Alaric and Grey walking up the stairs. My throat closed when I saw blood on Alaric's hands. I saw their movements watched as they went up on the first floor where the soldiers were already waiting for them. But then I didn't listen to anyone I shook Alex off me. And ran down the stairs.

Darkness that's all I saw it was just utter darkness like a void without any escape. I blinked and adjusted my eyes and turned on my phone's flash. There were five doors. Black and of metal I walked slowly and carefully looking down and up for anyone to attack. I watched around before I opened the door to my left corner. It was empty with guns and knives thrown around. I rushed to the other one but it was also empty. Amara came down and she opened the door next to me she cursed and punched the wall when finding out it was empty.

I hoped for her to make any noise to tell her where she is, but more that she's there somewhere alive and breathing. I kicked open the door that was facing the stairs. My breath got stuck in my throat as I stared at her figure. I shiver ran up my spine. Her bare back to me. Whip marks and blood covered her whole back. Her head was hanging low. I heard a gasp but I didn't pay any attention to it. A tear slipped down onto my cheeks as I forced myself out of my stance. Running by her side I looked at her shackles. I turned to Amara my eyes wide as I looked at her to help. "Fucking do something Amara!" I roared as I reached around facing bri. Her hair was sticking on her face. I glared up at Amara again and watched her as she pointed her gun at the shackles with shakey hands and pulled the trigger twice. Rose's body slumped down but I caught her in time.

I reached her hand with my shakey one's her pulse was there she was there but it was slow. "Baby?" I called her out as I carried her in my arms. I carefully placed my hand on her back trying not to hurt her. But she moved and moaned in pain as I apologized to her again and again. "Rose?" I called out again my voice weak, I watched her face with blurred eyes. She twisted in my arms as but opened her eyes and looked at me. I sigh left my lips as I saw those grey eyes I adored so much.  

"You can't be here" she whispered weakly, I shook my head as I kissed her forehead again and again thanking the superior power for saving her for saving me. "They'll find you—you have to go" her voice died out slowly as I shook my head violently pressing another kiss on her forehead as I whispered against her forehead. "I'll always be with you baby." I sniffed my my shoulders tensed when she closed her eyes again. "Baby?" She didn't response, but it was okay. She was okay she's there and we will get her out and have a doctor see her and she's gonna be fine. She's there she's fine. She's in my arms. And she'll always will be with me and will be safe.

"You have to payback my teasing rose, please stay with me." I pressed my head against her temple whispering "You can't leave me. Don't leave me when we have reached our happy ending baby." 

"Drystan!" I snapped and looked at Amara who was still trying to shake herself out of her stance and then at the man standing behind her. I watched as Alex wrapped her arm around her I nodded my head as I carried dabria out of the darkness.  I squinted my eyes when the daylight caught my eyes again. I pressed her body close me wanting to give her my heat. Luke and Leon looked at me and then as dabria in my arms. Both of them tensed I watched at Luke bowed down his head in shame. While Leon barely contained himself from crying out. I walked out of the building carried her to my car and looked back as all of them came out of the wicked building.

"They all have been taken to the basement in the mansion." Amara muttered lowly I nodded my head but then turned my head back to bri who layed unconscious on the passenger seat. "I'm taking her to the hospital." I said and turned around reversing my car out I drove out of the woods into the light.

___________________________________________