Chapter 27: A Rose?

~Dabria Esmeray Marciano

The wind blew past my hair as I sped down the road. Humming to the songs of Weeknd bursting through the car speakers, watching as buildings diners and cafes flew behind. The honks of cars and screechings of the motorbikes made the city alive.

Pulling up in the parking lot of the diner, I jumped out of my car and shut the door behind me. My mind was a mess with thoughts running over and tangling situations I wanted to escape all of it just for a few hours. To feel free and normal even with a gun tucked in my jeans or the guards around the diner.

Pushing open the door of the diner I strolled and walked over to the last booth while giving the smile back to the girl at the counter. It didn't take long for the girl to come over and place menu card and serve water. "What can I get for you ma'am." The girl asked as she took out her notepad and pen to note down my order. "Roslin, I'm waiting for a company to join me in, I'll order in a while." I told her reading her name tag, she gave me a understanding nod and left my table.

"Hey cupcake" a smile crept up my face as I turned around watching drystan standing by my side his hands behind his back. "Hie" I chuckled when he leaned in pressing his lips against me. Butterflies erupt in my stomach as his lips move against mine, like he's trying to a fill in a gap. Pulling back I peaked his lips once more as he sat himself down opposite to me.

"Here you go" he said retriving his hand from his back holding out a red rose. I smiled at his sweet gesture taking the rose from his hand. " What's this for?" I asked smelling the sweet and relaxing fragrance of it.

" We'll I don't need a reason to give my queen a rose." He said and I looked down as heat crawls up my face. His hand reached out as he pinched my cheeks. " Come on I love your blushing face, to see the effect I have on the Donna." Laughing i swat his hand away. He smiled and called for the staff.

....

Roslin placed down two plates with cheese burger and fries on the side and two glasses of coke. "Enjoy your meal" she smiled at us and walked away. I gave her a small smile and looked at drystan who was already dug into his food.

" I'm having a movie marathon, would you like to join in?" I blurted out and dipped the fries in mayo before stuffing my face with them. He looked up and a cute smile formed on his face, he nodded his head and took a sip of his coke. My eyes skimped through his fingers to his arm and biceps and they flexed with his movements.

"Offcourse, I can't miss any opportunity to be with you." He winked at me and went back to eating his food. I chuckled and went back to eating my food.

....

"How did you get here?"I asked drystan as we walked out of the diner. He got closer to me draping his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My back pressed against his chest and he kissed on top of my head and placed his head on top of mine. " I walked here, I was out on a walk when you called me to meet you here." I leaned into him taking a wiff of his perfume. I hummed as his fingers rubbed over the fabric of my top.

Taking a deep breath I looked into is eyes. "Come on let's go to my place." I smiled at him as he peaked my lips and removed his arms, but held on my hand as we walked up to my car.

I stopped the car in the drive way of my house. Killing the engine turning at drystan his lips came crashing down on mine. His hand reached out and held the back of my neck pulling me closer to him. I kissed him back locking my hands around his neck my thumb running over the baby hair on his neck.