Chapter 41: Moist Eyes

~Amara Hernandez

I pulled at my strings and shoved them away. My feet worked faster than ever as I knelt beside Bri. My hands came around her, I tried pulling her away. My eyes burned as I tried to pull her away. My eyes roamed as all three men disappeared. "I need all the three men alive Leon, search for them" I barked in my ear piece. Alex Luke and Drystan came behind me. Drystan knelt down beside me and looked me in the eyes. I knew that look I stepped back rubbing my arms as a sob escaped my lips I watched as drystan pulled bri away from her mother and she passed out. I placed a hand over my mouth as another sob left my lips. Alex's hand came from behind as he covered me. Turning around I pressed my face in his chest as we walked out of the house. 

The car ride to dabria's house was a blur. We all rushed into her room. Drystan placed her down gently as Mrs. Beck came in giving me a soft look she walked past us and ushered us outside the room.

My phone rang as I picked it up and answered it. "Amara, it's worse than I thought." Leons voice was strained my shoulder tensed and my fingers tightened around the phone. I gulped and asked him to come at the house before hanging up.

I looked at Alex, but his eyes were set on Drystan and drystan looked so lost as he stared at the closed door. my throat tightened as I patted Alex's shoulder and gave drystan a pointed look. And walked down stairs.

I walked in the kitchen and slumped against the counter, my fingers turning white with the grip I had on it. My mind was rushing with things over and down for me to pin point any of it. But all I knew that Grey betrayed us. He was our friend, a friend that stabbed us in our back in most horrific way ever a person can.

My eyes wattered as I thought of aunt. She was a mother to me, a gaurdian to me when my own father wasn't able to do so. She was the one who gave me the only motherly lover i ever had. I never thought I could feel what a mother's love felt like. But i was wrong— her warm hands sweet voice soft gaze and gentle touch— was everything i could have every asked for. I could feel tears slithering down my cheeks. But i didn't stop them, I knew I couldn't stop them.

Taking in a deep breath, I turned around and picked a round whiskey glass and filled half of it from the bottle that was kept in the cabinet beside the fridge and gulped it all down. Right now, I have to be strong. Because Dabria needs me, my donna needs me, my bestfriend needs me. Our Mafia needs someone to look up to and track down the traitors.

My gaze turned up towards the staircase when I heard some commotion. Mrs. Beck came down as she gave me a small smile and patted my shoulder. "She's in pain." She stopped and then looked back up and down at me. "Physically emotionally and mentally, I'd suggest that she takes time to process everything." I nodded as a gaurd escorted her out.

Climbing up the stairs my heart broke with every sob that left bri's lips and entered my ears. I heard that cry that painful sobs five years back when that happened and now watching her like this made my blood ran cold. Rushing up the stairs I barged into her room. Her face was pressed against drystan's chest as he held her in his arms. I looked at them and back where Alex stood at the door step. Dabria's moist and red eyes snapped at me before she pulled away from drystan. He took it as a sign and left us alone.

I rushed by her side and wrapped my hands around her. Her hands clutched mine as she sobbed in my arms. I didn't tell her to calm down, no I know I wouldn't. I let her cry, cry for the loss of her mother, for the betrayal we saw. My own tears joined her as I rocked us back and forth.

"Shhh.." my own voice betrayed me as it cracked. "She's gone A." Her voice was fragile and bearly above an whisper. I shook my head and hugged her tighter. "We're gonna make them pay bri." I reassured her, even though I didn't know how. But I knew I will.

"It was Grey." I flinched hearing the hatred in her voice, the name which we once called with so much love and care was now the demon causing our worst wounds. Bitterness spread all over my body as I nodded my head. "I know, I'm going to find him and all of them." She nodded her head and wiped her face.

" My light is gone A." She whispered as I looked down at her. My moist eyes didn't do any justice for the sight infront of me. Her mother was gone and so was her light. She was back with her demons, I could see her losing the battle against all her demons as they were unleashed.

I pulled her closer rubbing my arm over her. "Keep fighting bri." I whispered and kissed her head. I could feel her arms losen around me as she nodded her head lightly before she passed out.

Laying her down I walked out, both drystan and Alex looked at me with questions in her eyes. I shook my head and went down stairs Alex followed me as Drystan went inside bri's room.

"Hey" Alex voice stopped me as I looked up at him. He came closer and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a hug. My face pressed against his chest. I inhaled the warm smell of his, the smell that somehow has become a smell I feel home at. My arms went around him as I pressed myself closer to him.

My tears slithered down my cheeks but he didn't say anything for me staining his shirt. He kept me closer and rubbed my back. "You both are so strong." He said and looked up at him, he smiled softly down at me as he rubbed my back. "She lost it, when you weren't beside us." I chuckled through my tears. I know that, she was always a protective mama over me. "And you're supporting and protecting her now." He whispered and kissed the top of my head.

___________________________________________