Chapter 42: Nightmare

~Dabria Esmeray Marciano

I looked blankly down at the hot chocolate that sat in front of me. Drystan went upstairs to bring down a blanket, he wanted to make me feel at comfort. At home—but my home was gone, she was gone.— I saw it happen in front of my own fucking eyes. I swore to protect her all my life yet I saw her die before my own eyes.

It was the evening and me and drystan had just come back from her funeral. I saw her go back to the soil. Marcel wasn't there to even fucking pay respect to her own dead wife. And it was better for him to not be there—because if he was, he would have been tied up down in my basement. Or even killed by now.

Drystan's hand came around my shoulders, his arms pulling me closer to his warmth. I took in a deep breath inhaling his known smell and shifted closer to him. I felt his lips against my head in a soft kiss, but i didn't look at him. I wanted to tell him what happened five years ago. And if I looked at him I wouldn't be able to speak.

I took in a deep breath and started the tail of my worst nightmare. "Maa was pregnant" I felt him get stiff beside me but then soon relaxed, his arms rubbed up and down my side. "I was fourteen, and happy because I was excited to meet my younger brother or sister." I spoke lightly before sighing as I continued. "Marcel found out it was a girl and wanted maa to abort the child, because he wanted an heir for the Mafia. And girls were considered as a mere factor for forming an alliance of business." I shuddered as the night flashed through my eyes.

"Me and maa tried everything in our power to stop him, but he forced her to a point that he threatened her to kill me if she didn't abort the child." His arms tightened around me, his warm hands around me were the only tie keeping me away from that coldness. "So I came up with a plan, with Amara, grey and David—david was my mother's cousin, and he worked for Marcel, but he didn't want Maa to lose the child."

"It was the night of seventh of January, Maa was in the beginning of her third trimester. When we were sure everyone was asleep, we planned to get Maa away, till she birthed my baby sister. I knew we couldn't bring her up in this atmosphere. So maa decided that she will put her up to adoption after she gave birth and then come back with David." I shuddered and looked up at the ceiling my eyes wattered remembering the happenings of that horrific night.

"We didn't got to go that far—Alaric saw us and called Marcel. And it was a blood shed after that." A tear slide down my cheek as I wiped it away. I didn't want to cry—I was done crying.

" Me Amara and Grey stayed back to fight the gaurds as I asked David to take Maa away, be were kids and fool. I had started training so I knew how to kill and use a gun and knife. And I did." Tears didn't stop and I stopped trying to fight them back. Drystan kissed the top of my head again and squeezed my arm. I nodded my head and continued.

" But they were more in number and stronger, we were nothing in front of them. They got a hold of us and took us down in the basement, tieing me and Amara to the chains on the walls and grey on the chair with metal chains around his ankle and wrists." I stopped and inhaled a breath. Drystan picked me up and placed me on his lap, his fingers drawing circles on my thighs.

"David and Maa didn't get to go far away either...the—they brought them in after a few minutes. Maa was breathing heavily and was bleeding. David had a bullet in his abdomen and bicep. But he still stood tall, but I saw it. I saw the life drain out of David's eyes when he saw grey."

I flinched when drystan's arm rubbed my back, but i didn't stop, i couldn't stop now. "Marcel was enraged. He didn't let pass that disrespect on his ego. He tortured grey in front of our own eyes— i stopped, I wipped my face. It was still so vivid. I could hear his screams and pleas for Marcel to stop.

"He begged and pleaed for Marcel or anyone to stop, I was helpless all I could do was scream and beg for them to stop. David begged Marcel l, even knelt down before him, to stop the torture on his own son, but he didn't listen." Drystan kissed the side of my head, which gave me enough courage to end this nightmare.

" Eight hours, eight hours of non stop torture and us screaming and begging. But Marcel didn't stop, his men put down their tools when Grey was no longer breathing. Maa was unconscious, because she lost so much blood. Amara stared aimlessly and numbly at what we thought was our dead bestfriend and my own cousin." I sighed.

"Maa lost the baby and her memory of the period from where she was pregnant to that night, David lost his son, I lost my cousin, Amara lost her boyfriend. And Marcel gained back the pride he thought he had lost." I shook my head as a sob broke free my lips, drystan pulled me towards him, my face pressed against his chest. " It was my fault, It was my plan to take maa out to keep her and the baby safe. I—I thought I was keeping everyone saf—safe." I sobbed against his chest.

Drystan rocked us back and forth, his hand around my head and the other rested against my thighs."It was my fault." Drystan shook his head left and right. "It wasn't your fault rose, it never was." He kissed the top of my head. As I pressed myself closer, even if that was possible. I focused on his heart beat and I closed my eyes as he rocked us back at forth. "Sleep, rose." He whispered and kissed my forehead.

__________________________________________