𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

the great depression of 1984

also knew as

dig dug

SERENA WHEELER WAS DEPRESSED AND FELT BETRAYED, like she was seriously thinking about killing herself, she had even went as far as writing suicide notes for everyone she loved, nine notes

it wasnt like this was the first time, serena had felt this way, in a way her life she a betrayal.

her real name wasnt even serena, on her birth certificate it said Valentina wheeler.

her real mom, got knocked up by ted wheeler 4 days before his wedding, ted and karen had no one serena existed till she showed up at their front door when she was three with a social worker. her real mom had been put into jail, and the wheelers were the only family she had.

growing up serena always wanted to get to know her real mom, and have a bond with her. but when she was 14 and was told the full story, she felt like throwing up

serena being half latina, she felt like her hispanic heritage was never heard, whenever she asked about it, she was always shout down by everyone.

growing up in a very white small town in the 80s, everyone loved her for her white american side so she kept being that, letting her hispanic culture slip away.

she didnt even know her real was valentina, she didnt know where she was from, when ask she was told she was Latina, and nothing more, one time she tried to become friends with this other hispanic kid, and he told her she was too white for him and to go away.

serena knew her family didnt want her, she was the unplan kid that came out of a affair, she ruined her parents marriage when she was 3.

in her very high state of just thinking about about everything, her past 17 years on in this stupid place, she throught back to all the times, she had caught steve making out with random girls. all the time he broke her heart and she forgave him

or when her dorky bestfriend turned into a bitch, serena missed Casandra, she missed her stupid glasses, she missed how they played hungry hungry hippos every day afterschool.

she remembered when they went as electra woman and dyna girl for Halloween in 1976, or when they both begged karen and ted wheeler for 2 weeks to take them to go see stars wars a new hope.

she just wanted her bestfriend back, she just wanted the nice dorky girl that she became friends in first grade to came back.

serena missed billy as well, it had been 2 days sense everything that had happened, she felt so empty without him, she just wanted to go running back to him, and say shes sorry.

she didnt know what she was sorry for, but she ready to forgave him, she wanted to forgive cassie too, serena wheeler just wanted everything to go back to how it was.

she wasn't the only depressed one, billy felt bad, under his big tough guy persona, he just wanted to feel love. billy knew he treated serena like shit, he knew she was to good for him, he also knew that shes madly in love with steve harrington.

cassie had no guilty through, cassie was the happiest she had ever been, she had the boy she wanted, serena being MIA made everyone start calling her queen cassie.

queen serena was no longer a thing, serena wheeler was a fucking mess, who was drug addict and a pyscho bitch.

cassie didnt see her self as the bad guy, in her eyes, she was innocent and sweet, in her eyes she didnt hurt serena, she didnt steal her boyfriend, he wanted her, that wasnt her fault. cassie didnt even miss serena.

steve had also been a mess the last couple days,he was worried about serena but also nancy. on the night of the halloween party, him and nancy got into a fight in the bathroom, and steve was heartbroken he actually really liked nancy, and her telling him she dosent love him and its all bullshit.

steve was stuck he loved serena and dont think he never stopped.

serena wheeler was steves soulmate. no matter what, it had always been that way till she had to go away and steve had to fuck it all up.

💌

serena heard her mom yelling her name, as she ran down to see what was up, she noticed dustin at the front door, calling her dad " son of a bitch"

"hey dusty whats up" serena question giving the boy a weak smile, "do you have license" he asked, she gave the younger boy a confused look, before she could reply, he walked away.

serena rolled her eyes, looking to see where he was going. steve was talking to dustin with a flowers in his hand?

she wondered who they were for, guessing nancy. serena looked like shit and the last thing she wanted was to talk to steve. but her Curiosity got the best of her. she closed the door behind her before walking over to the two boys.

"you still have the bat" she heard dustin say, as steve gave a weak smile, she had gone MIA, for the past 2 days not answering anyones calls or questions.  "yeah steve you still have the bat?" serena mocked.  "what, what bat?" the older boy questioned

"the one with the nails" dustin deadpanned getting into the front seat of steves burgundy bwm

serena rolled her eyes before jumping into the backseat.

she didnt know where her relationship stood with steve, they still hadnt talked about the makeout session on halloween night, and serena wanted to keep it that way

steve though all he wanted to do was ask her out again.

sorry this chapter sucks,
but you learn more about
serena real mom and
how everyone is feeling
after that big fight.
the next chapter with be fun

-eve