𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

unconsciousness

also knew as

the gate part 2 

WAS THIS HEAVEN? SERENA THOUGHT, she was alone in a dark room, there was water on the gound and everything else was black, she kept walking around yelling out for help. "hello again serena" the same blonde boy from her dream earlier was there "is this heaven?" she asked confusioned on what was going on

"you could say that" he laughed "am i dead?" "no silly just unconsciouness" she turned her head seeing her self she was in a car and steve was next to her.  she turned her head again it was gone. "serena wheeler, you have a lot to learn about youself, me and you could rule this world and every world" serena stared blankly

"what do you mean rule, who are you" "my time as came to go, i will see you again serena"

the group is on the road now, heading to the tunnels. they packed up everything they needed, and squished into billy's car. max was driving, with lucas in the passanger seat giving instructions.

the backseat consisted of serena who was going in and out of consciousness and was sharing a seat with steve, them both leaning up against each other, dustin and mike were pushed together while dustin was holding an ice pack to steves head.

steve began to wake up, looking at dustin then serena, a wave of disappointment washed over him. the girl he fucking loved, he failed to protect, she was now covered in blood, and unconscious, it was all his fault. "serena?"

steve went to rub his eyes, but dustin stopped him. "no, don't touch it."

"hey, buddy. it's okay, you put up a good fight."

"he kicked your ass but you put up a good fight." dustin kept talking, steve bought his hand to serena's face, lightly touching the bruise forming on her cheek and her nose, he moved her hair to behind her ear. 

"wha-" "shes okay, shes going to fine."

"okay, you're gonna keep straight for half a mile, then make a left on mount sinai." lucas said. this made steve look to the front of the car, seeing max driving. "what's going on?"steve panicked as  max looked back, her brows furrowing.

"oh my god." "relax, steve, she's driven before." dustin reassures. "yeah, in a parking lot." mike scoffed. "that counts!" lucas shot back. "they were gonna leave you behind." dustin states.

"oh my god!" steve just kept repeating that, no matter how hard they tried to calm him down.

max starts to speed up, eliciting steve to get even more anxious. "woah, woah, woah! what's going on? oh my god, no! stop the car! slow down!"

"everybody shut up! i'm trying to focus!" max yells.

serena started to wake up, "where am i" she asks looking around, she saw her little brother, dustin and steve? "ahh your awake" dustin smiled. "my leg really hurts" serena muttered out her breathing is slow and it was getting harder for her  "she needs to go to the hospial" steve deadpanned in a panic.

"she will, after we do this" dustin promised. as much pain steve was in, he didnt care, he picked up the girl lifting her into his lap her legs went over dustin and mike "tighten that piece" steve orders for the two boys to do pointing to the fabic max tied on before, steve softly cupped serena's face "stay awake i need you to stay awake"

"steve, am i going to die" serena asked softly looking up at the boy she loved she had met death so many times in the past but something always kept her alive. something in her felt like this time, she wasnt going to be so lucky. "no,no,no,no, im not letting you die" steve promises cupping her face. "i love you" she whispered before passing out again

"i told you, zoomer." max turns the car off and they all begin to get out.

everyone moves to the trunk, leaving steve to stumble out of the car. "guys."

they leave serena unconscious in the back seat of the car. bleeding all over billys leather seats

"oh no, guys."

"steve, hey, hey. look at me." he makes eye contact with the dustin, "we're doing this. okay? you can't stop us from helping el." "we are not going down there right now. i made myself clear."

"you're not in the right condition to do this! there's no chance we're going to that hole, all right? this ends right now!".

"steve, you're upset, i get it. but the bottom line is, a party member requires assistance, and it is our duty to provide that assistance. now, i know you promised nance that you would keep us safe. and i know you want to protect serena. so, keep us safe." dustin hands steve his bag.

they make their way to the hole, jumping down to join the others. "holy shit." steve remarks, more alert now.

"yeah, i'm pretty sure it's this way." mike claims. "you're pretty sure, or you're certain?" dustin asks. "i'm one hundred percent sure. just follow me and you'll know."

"alright pipsqueak, back it up. you're not leading us." "any of you little shits die down here, im getting the blame. got it, dipshit?" steve grabs the map. "from here on out, i'm leading the way. come on, lets go."

they begin to make their trek through the tunnels.

they kept going through the tunnels until they stumbled upon a big open area. "all right. i think we found your hub."

"let's drench it."

and that's what they did.

gasoline was all over the hub, the group stood at the entrance they had arrived in. "you guys ready?" steve asked. "yeah." "ready."

he flicked the lighter open. "i am in such deep shit." steve threw the item in, and they watched as the space erupted in flames. "go! let's go, let's go!" steve called, letting the kids run first. they kept running, steve navigating the tunnels for them.

they finally make it to the rope, and safety get out.  steve tired and in so much pain but the adrenline and panic in his body kept him wake and moving, he ran over to the car, to check on serena, he panics trying to find a pulse, "i cant found a pulse" he yelles out as mike rans over to the sister feeling all around her neck"found it"

"thank god" steve muttered under his breath.

💌

thats a wrap for season 2
im super excited to write season 3 and 4 then were going to have to wait like 3 years till season 5

idk if i want to make ashley into a character or  not?