𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

forehead kisses

also knew as 

the spy 

SERENA DOZED OFF LOOKING OUT OF THE WIDOW, after Dustin explained to Steve and Serena, what was going on, the younger boy had found what Serena guessed was a lizard? she knew as the good person she was trying to be, she had to make sure it was just a dumb lizard before she could just go home and sleep. 

Serena was tired very tired. the last 3 days she spent locked in her room, doing lines of coke, coming down from that high, made her even more tired. being in a car with Steve Harrington and his annoying taste in music, made her head hurt. 

"steve-eee" Serena whined from the backseat trying to get the boy's attention they were too caught up in their own little world to even notice her constant nagging "steve" she whined again, leaning her elbows on the tunnel console, putting her head on her hands. 

"what" steve snapped raising his voice a bit too much for his liking, a wave of fear came across Serena, making her flinch back, thinking the older boy was going to hit her. "nothing sorry" she muttered quietly leaning back in her seat. 

after a while of silence, steve broke it by asking "wait a sec, how big" 

"First it was like that, now it's like this" Dustin explained making gestures with his hands that Serena couldn't see, she didn't really care what this thing was, or if it killed her, she was over living anyway. 

"I swear to god man, it's just some lizard okay?" Steve shrugged, turning to look at the younger boy before focusing back on driving, it was dark and the roads were scary. both Steve and Serena believed that they was no way a another monster was out trying to kill people again. Serena wouldn't admit it but fighting that thing with her sister last year fucking traumatised hey

"It's not a lizard" the curly-haired boy hissed, making Serena roll her eyes from the backseat at the two boys, both acting like children. 

"how do you know" steve simply asked growing more annoyed by this whole situation by the second. "how do you know it's not just a lizard?" 

"cause his face opened up and he ate my cat" Dustin blurted out, steve simply nodded, gripping the steering wheel tighter, starting to believe it meant to be a bit more serious than he thought, he mentally slapped himself for getting Serena involved. as much as she wouldn't admit it, he knew what had happened last year was hard on her, now they might be dealing with it again. 

"damn poor cat" Serena stated, trying not to think too much into it. 

soon the trio pulled up to the Hendersons' house, steve was quick to grab his bat with nails out of the tank, Serena gave the older boy a confused look "you keep that in your tank, wow I think that's a crime" 

he ignored her, walking past, to follow Dustin over to this cellar. serena tried not to take it personally as she walked over to the two boys, steve was shining his flashlight into Dustin's face. steve opened the cellar doors not seeing anything. 

 "I will stay up here, if he tries to..... escaped" Dustin suggest, trying to give up with a reason to not down into the dark creepy basement, both Serena and steve gave him an annoyed look. but they both knew it was safer and smarter for the younger boy not to go down.

 "Serena you're staying up here too" steve stated, before turning to the girl, she gave him a confused look "what no.  if it's a another monster from last year, I'm not letting you be down there alone" she confessed, rambling on a bit. 

"Sereny, it will be fine, stay up here with Dustin okay?" he told the girl, softly pressing his lips to her forehead, placing a kiss on her temple, a bad habit he was so used to. 

as she watched steve disappear down into the cellar, she started biting at her nails, a bad habit she did whenever she was worried.  

serena hadn't even heard Dustin worried calls for steve, till the older boy was shining his light at the two and telling them to come down. 

serena walked down the stairs, the wind was chilly and the room was dark, she wrapped her arms around her body hoping to warm herself up. the two gave steve a confused look before looking at the skin he was holding on his bat "oh shit" Dustin deadpanned, Serena knew someone whatever this thing was, it was bad. she looked at steve, with fear in her eyes, he had the same look. 

"That's not all," steve remarked pointing this flashlight at a hole in the wall, it was a tunnel. whatever this thing was it made a tunnel. 

"no way" Dustin uttered. 

Serena had enough, her anxiety had gotten the best of her, as she ran out of the cellar and up the stairs, she stopped running sliding the side of steves red BMW, hugging her knees, she cried and cried, she hadn't even noticed steve sitting down next to her, wrapping his arms around her 

she looked up at the boy she once loved, "I can't do this again" she sobbed leaning her head against his shoulder. "I know" he sighed knowing she was right.

 "hey steve, I think I love you" she mumbled quietly slowly feeling asleep sitting on the ground next to steve Harrington

"I love you too Serena " he pressed a kiss to her forehead before carrying her to the front seat of his car.

short chapter sorry. 

-eve