CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN

"cockblocker"

ALSO KNEW AS

Suzie, Do You Copy?

serena wheeler's life was complicated. 2 days before her high school graduation, her real mom camila perez deiced to show up after 15 years, she said she was ready to be a mom. and also deiced to tell serena her real dad actually an African-american man who a highschool history teacher that lived in new york. she wasnt ted wheelers daughter or mikes and nancys sister.

her whole fucking life was a lie.

serena couldnt live with, the people she throught were her family so she moved out. her real mom promised her that she wanted to be part of her life and serena believed it. her and her mom decided to rent small 2 bedroom apartment together. camelia wanted to be in hawkins and serena didnt want to live at the wheelers house so it worked.

living with her mom was difficult. the only time the two bonded was at 2am when there were to high or drunk to function.

part from all of serenas family dramas, her life was pretty good. she was dating the love of her life. her and cassie become friends again and forgave eachother. the it girls of hawkins were back and ready to enjoy their last summer together but real life.

cassie was going off to yale in the fall. sarah off to california state university to be with her dad and old friends, and serena was suck in hawkins forever.

she didnt get into college and had no idea what to do with her life. she did a job through working at a jc penneys at the new mall and at hawkins commuity pool with her ex.

111

6:26AM, HER ALRAM CLOCK READ. who would be knocking at the front fucking door at 6:26am. serena sighed, getting up and out of the bed.
she opened the door to see her mom? "you have a key you know" serena spoke as camelia rolled her eyes.

"im sorry conejita i forgot it when i went out" the older woman said as she step inside the cozy small apartment that they called "home"

it didnt feel like home, it felt like 2 strangers that pretended to care about eachother living together.

"yeah you leave at 8pm and came home at 6am 2 days later" serena was fed up with her mothers dumb shit, she wanted to have a perfect life with her but cameila made it so hard, always leaving coming and going, bring back drunk married men. and never being sober.

serena understood and felt bad for everyone she knew, having to deal with someone whos always on some substance is painful.

"your only 36 once" she simply smiled before walking off to her own room.

"fucking hell" serena muttered under her breath, before going back to bed

111

serena and steve were in the back room of scoops ahoy. the shitty ice cream shop he worked out. the two were sloppily making out with serena sitting onto of the table and steve standing in between her thighs.

her hands wondering around steve very soft hair messing it up, despise his protests against it.

they pulled back, hearing the bell ringing and robin calling for steve. "hey, dingus, your children are here!"

he rolled his eyes. making his way to the front of the sliding widow. as serena stayed seated.

"again, seriously?" the kids moved through the small store. the tension between mike and serena was real and hard to watch.

"fake sister" mike hissed, he was pissed at serena for leaving and just ditching him.

"cockblocker" serena immaturity snapped back. "real mature serena" max scolded, disappointed at her, everyone was.

the kids soon left walking through the back door. leaving serena and steve along again.

she hopped off the table sitting down in ones of the chairs instead as steve flopped down on the next to her.

"those kids are going to be the death of me." he remarks. serena hums in response, her mind was racing with a million different thoughts at once.

the boy furrows his brows and leans closer to her. "you okay?"
"yeah im fine" she smiled. steve stared into her eyes trying to found the right words to say

serena hated talking about feeling. the only time she would was if she was super high or drunk. sober serena and feeling didnt mix

steve decided to let it out and make small talk instead. that was till the lights went out.

the couple moved to the front of the store, seeing the whole mall had been darkened too. steve tried flipping the light switch up and down. as serena and robin argued against it

"babe,that isn't gonna work." "dingus."

"oh, really?" he looked at the pair, flipping it faster. serena crossed her arms. "estúpida"

but magically, the lights came on. "let there be light." steve remarked.

robing and serena shared a look. "all right, oh mighty one. start scooping!" robin goes back to making the order, handing steve a cone.

111

serena had walked into scoops at the wrong time. steve hadnt even notice her walking in he was too busying hitting on his customers playing this stupid game that him and robin made up.

that serena fucking hated. she overheard they conversation while watching it.

"and another one bites the dust." robin appears in the window behind them.

"you are oh-for-six, popeye." she marks a board with 'you rule' and 'you suck' as the head of two columns. "yeah, yeah, i can count." "you know that means you suck." robin replies. "yep, i can read, too."

"hey babe" serena called out making her way over to her boyfriend "oh hey, you didnt say you were coming"

"and you didnt say your still playing that game that i hate" serena replied with a pity smile

"lets talk in the back room" steve leaded serena through the doors. crossing his arms as he made eye contact with her

"cmon sereny, you knew were just joking around. its not like im actually going to go on dates with them"

"just joking around? maybe i will just joke around with the male customers at my work then."

"like you dont already do that" he muttered under his breath "what did you just say?" serena innocently asked. "ive seen the outfits you were to work all minis skirts that show your ass"

"oh no harrington, im so sorry for dressing like a slut. i will be more of good girl so men dont get the wrong ideas maybe i even get taken by steve harrington tattooed on me so everybody knows"

"do you seriously have to turn everything into a joke"

"hmm yeah kinda, what else am i meant to do when my boyfriend is being a controlling asshole"

this chapter fucking sucks
sorry. i promise i will write cute scenes between serena and steve at some point but making then have a super dysfunctional is fun.