10. Outcome

Yaoyorozu's Return

...

The day had come to face her obstacles head on.

...

About a year ago today, she had gone through the worst trial in her life. A trial that not only shook her on her path to being a hero, but also stripped away any sort of confidence she had in herself.

Looking back, she could feel the intense dread that filled her body when she looked down at that white line... her foot barely over it.

'Momo Yaoyorozu is out of bounds! Tokoyami wins!'

In front of all those people... she was reduced to nothing but a pathetic fool of a girl that once had a dream.

Through blurry vision, she ran to a random exit, not being able to stop herself from breaking down and crying. At least she was alone then and there was no one there to see her suffer.

Well... maybe that wasn't the best outcome. If someone had stopped there for her... anyone, maybe she wouldn't have turned out so bad.

Yet, here she was, reminiscing on the day she lost it all. Her eyes were staring at the screen above them, about to count them down from five as they all got ready to begin their second ever Sports Festival.

...

"Who are you rooting for?"

"Dunno. One of my friends I guess." Izuku scratched his cheek, staring at the cluster of students at the start-line down below.

To paint the picture, it was a few minutes before noon, cloudy, and the stadium was packed. The Second Year Sports Festival was clearly the highlight of the three, since no one really cared about the third years (who were pretty underwhelming), and the first years didn't come close to last year's first year festival.

All of the strongest students were found in between these two classes, 2A and 2B. They had grown the most out of all the students in UA.

"So are they really going to replay the events from our Sports Festival last year?" Izuku asked his superior, who nodded his head slowly with a bored gaze.

"Don't know why. We need some variety here." Aizawa joked, staring at the countdown which hadn't started yet. "I guess they wanted everyone to relive last year's Sports Festival. I will admit it was pretty exciting. One of the more exciting ones anyway."

"Wow! You found something exciting?"

"Shut it Midoriya."

Midoriya smiled to himself, leaning forward in his comfortable chair and trying to drown out Present Mic's overwhelming, rapid fire commentary. Seriously, the guy could talk someone to hearing loss. Well...? I mean, that was the whole point of his quirk.

'Hahahaha dumb narrator!' The greenette thought, placing a finger on his chin.

"To be more specific with your last question... I'm rooting for my Vice President." Midoriya smiled, finally picking out a familiar black hairstyle out of all the second years. "I hope she does well."

"I see... I hope so too."

...

It pained him, as much as he masked it.

Shota Aizawa had tried as best he could to cheer her up. He specifically asked for her and Todoroki during the finals, and although they started off shaky, they ended up outsmarting him.

Yet he could see it in her eyes. She hadn't healed.

Aizawa had tried talking with her alone in the classroom, had brought her to Nezu, had asked her parents to talk to her. And yet, that empty look in her eyes never went away.