16. Outdoors

A Day Out

...

Autumn was nearly halfway into its cycle for the year, yet some days were warm and sunny enough to make one think they were still in the midst of Summer.

Today was one of those days.

-

-

-

This had to be one of the best mornings of Izuku's life. The room was the perfect temperature and he felt so comfortable even though he slept on a chair. He felt so light for some reason... like a gigantic weight was lifted off of his shoulders.

In the middle of the night, Aizawa poked his head in to see two of his students and Eri fast asleep. He couldn't help but break out into a small smile, as he silently shut the door again.

Now wide awake, mostly because the sun's rays were hitting his face through the blinds, he took a look around the room. It was completely lit up by the sunlight and both Momo and Eri were still deep into their sleep. Checking the clock, Midoriya realized that it was pretty early, a lot earlier than he would usually wake up. He would routinely wake up about half an hour before class started, around 8:30, but he was well awake now at 7 o'clock. Yet, he felt completely rested and full of energy.

He stood up, his body slightly aching due to being in a weird position for several hours. The greenette stretched a little to loosen his joints, before yawning and turning to the two snoozing girls again. They both looked so peaceful.

With a grin, he fluffed his hair, opened the door, and left the room to go back to his dorm building.

He had quite a bit to think about.

First off, he felt way too upbeat and positive. I mean sure, he felt kind of hopeful again concerning their relationship, but why should he? She had someone else; plain and simple. Although, he hadn't seen them together for the last couple of days as a matter of fact... maybe they broke it off?

That said, Izuku didn't want to be second string or a rebound or anything like that. He completely rejected one girl and refused to be with anyone else because of the undeniable fact that he was in love with Yaoyorozu.

If she held the same feelings for him, she wouldn't have pranced off with another guy. The only logical conclusion is to say that she never had those feelings for him in the first place.

But... maybe she could develop them. Maybe that's why he was so excited and hopeful. Maybe he could get her to like him. I mean, he had all of these other girls after him... he could get Momo to fall in love with him too.

Or maybe that's a bad idea. You know... simp mentality and all of that.

Maybe he would try, yet not try at the same time. Be discreet about it, but not be too into it. He would woo her with words at times, maybe help her with things or of the similar to get closer to her.

He would have to make sure not to go overboard though. There's nothing more unattractive then someone who tries way too hard when it comes to romance.

So that was that then. The small seed that had been planted and started to sprout in his heart was now becoming a fully realized flower of hope. He would have to thank Eri, although she might not understand how her presence alone reanimated the feeling of hope that had left his heart.

Inhaling and exhaling the warm morning air, he felt so cheery. He felt like Nejire. So happy about life and the world, even though it hasn't been so forgiving the past couple of weeks.

Thinking he was the only one awake at this time, Izuku was pretty startled seeing almost his entire class awake and enjoying a breakfast Katsuki had so graciously made for them. Why were they all up so early?