28. Together (finale)

*Don't know who this was made by, but W artist and W art*

-

-

-

Together at last

...

You know the endings of those Disney princess movies? The sappy, sickly-sweet, predictable endings each and every one of those movies (EVERY SINGLE ONE) have? The man and woman ending up together and living happily ever after?

They're too perfect.

Way.

Too.

Perfect.

...

The scenario, the ambiance, the conversation... that amazing kiss? They all felt way too perfect. Happy endings... do they actually exist?

All her life... never has she ever received a happy ending like this. No matter what she did, it seemed to never end in a good manner... or at least a fulfilling manner. Sure she was this insanely smart, beautiful, cunning and witty woman that seemed too perfect to fail... but was that really the case?

Hell no!

Perfection didn't exist, no matter where you looked. Well, maybe the Creator of this universe is perfect, yet nothing on this earth was or ever will be perfect. It's just not possible... meaning that she was in no way shape or form perfect either. If all of the above statements are true, then that would mean their kiss was a coincidence. The timing, the place, the fireworks, everything– was one big coincidence; not perfect.

Coincidence, fate; which one was it? Was it simply a fluke in the system that coincidentally led to a confession of love, or was it perfectly set into place because it was fated to happen? Momo had no idea whether or not all of yesterday was catered perfectly for a confession or not.

Perfection is impossible.

Yet it felt too perfect.

A literal contradiction...

...

There was something missing... where was the failure? Where was this whole situation blowing up in her face like everything seemed to do nowadays? Where was the hurt... or struggle... or the rejection? Sure his shock scared her, but in the end he made up for it with the steamiest kiss ever.

Did he truly have feelings for her? Would he come in at any second and tell her he was joking? That it was all some big, elaborate prank to mess with her?

Momo rolled over in her bed multiple times, wondering if last night's occurrences had really happened. Maybe it was one of those lucid dreams that she had just woken up from. How'd she even end up in her bed?

It just felt too good to be true. Way too good to be–

*Knock Knock*

It was eight in the morning... who would possibly want to talk to her now? Well, she did have a vague idea...

Momo begrudgingly got up, smoothed her pajama top over, and walked towards her door with a long yawn. She opened the door to a large red teddy bear and a big box of her favorite chocolates, before they lowered and a familiar freckled face popped out.

"Good morning Momo! How was your night?"

Yaoyorozu absentmindedly stared at the person at her door, who seemed to be in a way too cheerful mood for a morning. I mean, it was Saturday, but still. Who even wakes up this early on a Saturday?