22. Feelings

Final Preparations

...

"I think we did pretty good if I do say so myself."

"You're a good leader Ashido."

"But I was the one who led everyone..."

"SHUT UP MIDORIYA, LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT!"

"Yeah, Midoriya did everything. You just hyped everyone up at the end."

"Shut your mouth Todoroki."

"I'm glad America was chosen first. The U.S might be the most obvious start, but it's certainly the easiest. It's basically a mixture of a bunch of different cultures with some history added in."

"That pretty much sums it up Momo." Izuku nodded, taking in a deep breath.

The student council all stood at the front of the courtyard, talking and laughing (and raging) as they stared at their army. The two hero classes had done quite well in setting up for the start of today's festival. Stands with food, pop culture, history, and geography were scattered all over the courtyard. There were also several big speakers set up that were all connected to a computer system. Along with that, there were lights propped up at all corners, a big screen at the entrance of the courtyard playing a video of the American Revolution oversimplified, and costumes!

"Cowboys and cowgirls... really? That's the best you could come up with?" Kyoka muttered, a small group from 2A crowding around the student council.

"Well, I liked the theme. Plus the costumes for the girls are so cute!" Mina replied, twirling around the earphone jack user who wasn't really convinced.

"They look stupid."

"TAKE THAT BACK! I WORKED REALLY HARD ON FINDING THEM!"

"What about for the guys? There's only like, four cowboy costumes and 2B already called dibs on them." Kaminari wondered out loud.

"Well we were planning on doing something different... did no one tell you?" Todoroki asked, taking a seat at a bench that overlooked the decorated courtyard. Him and Midoriya had taken the liberty of gathering some of the guys and going over to the grassy field near the courtyard, setting up a couple of forts and bringing some props. "We're gonna reinact the Civil War."

"That reminds me! I bought the costumes you asked me to buy Todoroki." Midoriya stated, pulling his phone out and showing the latter the receipt and pictures. "The blue ones for the Union, and the greys one for the Confederate! I even got flags and everything!"

"Good good, now we just need to put the costumes on, set the cannons and guns, and we shall start the Battle of Gettysburg!" Todoroki announced with a tiny bit of emotion, Denki raising an eyebrow before nodding warily.

"And who's gonna be Abe Lincoln, the President during that time? We need a speech! The Gettysburg Address 2.0!" Mina exclaimed, dropping her American History knowledge on everyone.

"That is true... alright then! I nominate Todoroki as Abraham Lincoln!" Midoriya stated, recieving odd looks from his peers at such a bad choice to play the character. "What? He gives some pretty good speeches."

"Lincoln was poised, well-spoken, and captivating as a speaker. We need someone with those traits." Momo replied, tugging on her hair clip to take it off. "Well, the only one with those qualities is me unfortunately, so having an Abe Lincoln character wouldn't be so practical, would it?"

Everyone turned to their Vice President, before looking amongst each other.

"How would you like to put on a top-hat and a fake beard?"