Chapter 9

It was an average day in Family Video. Me and Robin talking with each other about things that weren't important. Weekends tend to be that way for us.

Robin suggested a movie and was about to turn it on when the news blared on the TV.

      Chrissy... was... dead?

Is that Eddie's trailer? Shit... Eddie... what did you do?

-Eddie's perspective-

  It was cold in the shed but it was best if I hid.

How did I end up here? One second we're laughing in the woods and I'm trying to help her... the next she's just...

Possessed.

I wasn't the type to exactly believe in heaven or hell but with what I saw... at least hell was real.

Seeing her bones crumble before my eyes and just... feeling so...Helpless.

Why did I run? I should have helped her...I should have... I start to hit my face with my hands.

I'm such a fucking coward. I ran. Like I always do.

My dad was right. I'm really good for nothing. I couldn't help Chrissy, I couldn't help Steve, I probably can't even help Henderson now that I'm a wanted criminal.

I'm useless.

I feel warmth run down my face. I place my hands to the warmth to feel them get wet. Damn it. Now is not the time to cry.

I should be thinking about my next step. Everyone hates me for "killing" Hawkins sweetheart.

I could change my name and ride up to Seattle... no... that's too cliche. That and everyone knows what my car looks like and I don't exactly... have another car on hand.

Am I just stuck? Should I just plead guilty for something I didn't even do? I mean I did run away. I didn't even try to get her help.

I probably have let so many people down. They think I killed her. Everyone thinks I killed her.

I wonder if my uncle believes them. I felt so bad that he got into this just because it's his house too.

There was ruffling outside so I hurried and broke a bottle to use for a weapon and hid in the boat hanging from the ceiling.

Typical coward behavior.

I heard a voice call out my name that was very similar to Henderson's.

It could be a trap. An easily set trap at that. Everyone and their pet dog knew I cared about Henderson a lot. I'd never admit it...but everyone knew.

I heard the door creak open as multiple pairs of shoes made different steps around the shed.

I knew it. I knew it was a trap. Everyone hates me. Even Henderson.

Suddenly I felt a jab to my torso. I tried my best not to make a noise as they slowly got closer to my head.

I couldn't take it anymore.

If it's a killer they want... it's a killer they get.

I jumped out of the canoe and pinned the closest person I could to the wall holding the bottle to their throat.

"Eddie!" Henderson calls out. I see a group of unexpected people. Robin, Henderson, some random red headed girl that kind of looked familiar and... oh. I looked over towards who I pinned to the wall.

Steve.

Steve's face was red as I started to hesitate getting closer.

"HE'S COOL! He's cool, Eddie."

I slowly drop the bottle. "If you guys are here to turn me in you won, okay? Congrats!"

Henderson tilted his head "turn you in? We're here to help you"

"With what dude? I look guilty as hell."

Henderson got closer "We know it wasn't you that killed Chrissy."

(A/N: Aw shit here we go again)