Chapter 39

"Now I can go back to school! I mean...it must be dreadfully boring without me there, Eve..." Eddie giggled while grabbing onto my hand tighter.

      He was right. Everyone would only talk about the stupid earthquake still. It's been weeks. That and no one's there to make a ruckus like Eddie used to.

     School lunches have been...pretty normal without him there. No one took his place. The Hellfire club kind of just ate in silence without someone to start the conversations. At the very least they'd be excited to have him back.

     "Yeah... it has been." I softly smiled while sliding my hand to his arm. "Let's get you into bed, shall we?"

      "Steve...we haven't even been on our first date yet and you already want to take me to bed? What kind of man do you take me for?" He smirked at me with that stupid face that I couldn't help but like.

     "Oh shut up Munson you knew what I meant." I slowly grabbed onto his other arm and lightly lifted "you're gonna have to help me a little bit so this isn't awkward and you get hurt, alright?"

     Eddie slowly nodded as he got up from the chair and transitioned over to the bed. "Thanks for...ya know...helping."

       I felt a smile start to form on the corners of my lips "yeah...I mean...what are boyfriends for, right?"

      Eddie's cheeks slowly started to turn a light shade of pink. "Boyfriends?"

    "Oh my...don't tell me you forgot, Munson." I laughed slightly under my breath before getting onto his bed as well to lay next to him. It was a tight squeeze but we were relatively skinny so we made it work.

     "I mean... yes but no... just a lot has happened since that day, Eve." His eyebrows slightly furrowed before he let out a light chuckle. "But yeah...you're my boyfriend, huh?"

      "Mhm"

      "God I wish I could see your face. I hope you're blushing as much as I am, Harrington." Eddie chuckled before slightly leaning upwards to point at his face.

       I lightly chuckled before sitting up as well. "My face is warm, yes...but it's not really something to miss, Eds."

      Eddie shook his head lightly. "It definitely is something to miss. Your...stupid...attractive face."

     I laughed before leaning my head back down "yeah you...can't see it anymore though...this...stupid face you talk of."

      Eddie's smile slowly faded until his mouth turned into a fine line. "I have a crazy idea, Stevie."

     "And that is...?"

      "Can I...touch your face? I know I can't see it but...but I could feel it...I know I probably won't get anything from it but I mean-"

      "Eds. You're rambling."

     "I am...aren't I.." he softly chuckled before tucking some of his hair behind his ear. "It was a stupid idea... I mean you don't ha-"

     "I'd love that, Eddie."

       Eddie's face slowly turned into almost a tomato while a grin formed. "Really...?"

     "Yeah...I mean...I can't guarantee it's not all sweaty from running you around almost the entirety of the hospital but...yeah. I'd like that."

     "So like, right now then?" Eddie lightly raised an eyebrow.

     "Yeah...I mean...why not? When else?"