Chapter 31

-Steve's perspective-

As I looked over to Eddie, I saw his eyes rolled to the back of his head. It was hard to see him like this. I wanted to just throw the headphones on him now and not even risk it...

But Eddie would be super upset with me...and everyone else. The plan basically was centered around him distracting Vecna.

I sighed before going up to the boarded up window to look through the cracks. It was pitch black outside tonight. I couldn't even see the rocket across the street.

I sighed before putting my hands in my pockets. This plan sucked. I didn't want Eddie to go through this. It wasn't something I would want to go through, so why did he have to?

Suddenly, there was a string of flashing coming from a single spot ahead. The light quickly moved to be brought to a stop.

Erica must've dropped the flashlight.

Wait... why did she flash her light? Is something going o-

There was then a blood curdling scream coming from outside.

Erica...

The screams kept coming from that direction. She was yelling something but I couldn't understand what she was saying.

What do I do? I mean I'm supposed to make sure Eddie is okay but Erica could be in some serious trouble.

If I left Eddie could start to float...and that wouldn't be good. Not at all. But I also can't afford Erica to get hurt either.

The sound of a slam came from downstairs. I suppose that chose it for me.

But...that means someone...or something...is in the house.

Shit.

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN HERE, MUNSON." A voice rang out through the house that felt eerily similar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

There was multiple slams of what sounded like doors coming from downstairs. "You can't hide. We have every exit surrounded."

We? Who's we...?

I racked my mind as the sounds of slamming for closer and closer upstairs. It wasn't like I could hide Eddie. They'd find us at some point. Even if we shoved both of ourselves into the closet.

Who is this guy? What does he-

Jason. It's Jason.

Shit.

He sounded way angrier than he was the last time we ran into him. It wasn't like he was just going to leave. He wanted Eddie.

The sound of slamming sounded from just around the corner. What do I do...? What do I do???

Suddenly, the door creaked that was up ahead of me. I looked up to see Jason with a demented grin. "FINALLY." He laughed softly. "I'm going to make you pay, Munson."

I hurried and stepped in front of Jason. "I can't let you do that."

"Come on Harrington...I can make everyone forget you were even apart of this... just move aside. I don't want you....I want him." He pointed his finger towards the sitting Eddie faced away from him. "I mean come on! He can't even look at me! He knows he's guilty."

I sighed before lifting my arms up to cover more ground. "I'm not moving. I don't care if you get me wrapped up in this."

"Steve. I don't want to fight you. Just let me through." Jason frowned while trying to move past me.

Why Him? || SteddieOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara