Chapter 11

-Steve's perspective-

      After we got into the car with meeting with Nancy about the updates on the whole Vecna thing I hear static from the walkie-talkie.

"Steve! Steve pick up please!"

I went running to the walkie almost tripping over myself to get to it.

"STEVE PLEASE"

       "Yeah I'm here Henderson what's going on?"

      "Vecna has Eddie. At least I think so. He's not listening to me and his eyes are rolled back and..."

Shit. shit. shit. shit.

      Nancy walked over casually not hearing the conversation "what's going on?"

"Vecna has Eddie."

       I grabbed Nancy and threw her in the car "buckle up it's going to be a bumpy ride."

      Nancy gasped and looked at me sternly for manhandling her.

       "Sorry for being rough I just... you know stuff that I don't and we need to find a way to save him so please talk with Dustin."

      I quickly started the engine. Robin awkwardly stood with Max and Lucas. "Watch the kids please!" I yelled while driving past them.

     Robin lifted up her hands and looked to the kids "guess I'm the babysitter for now."

"Nance what's the game plan."

       Nancy fumbled with the walkie-talkie to press the button "Dustin you there?"

      There was static before a shaken Dustin "yeah I'm here. He's... not doing great."

      "SHIT!" I yell while hitting my hand on the steering wheel making Nancy flinch.

       "Is there any uh music in the shed?"

      "NOWS NOT THE TIME FOR MUSIC NANCY." Dustin yells back into the walkie-talkie.

      "Yeah I know but... I just spoke with someone that I think survived Vecna and... he said that the voice of an angel helped him. That angel was from a song." Nancy probably didn't make any sense to Dustin but put on the spot no one makes sense.

      "Shit okay uh I'll look for music I guess." Dustin says back into the walkie-talkie.

       I'm speeding down every road I'm on to try and get there as soon as possible. Please don't die. Don't die.

    I pull up to the corner and leave my car still running as I run into the shed leaving Nancy behind. Eddie's floating...yeah that's... that's not good.

    "Henderson! Did you find anything?!" I yell not knowing where he was.

    Dustin came running back over. "Well... yes... but I don't think he even knows this song."

    "Did you find a way to play it?" I frantically grab the tape

     "yeah, he has a boom box... it's not exactly discrete though."

     "I don't care give it to me." I say before Dustin scoots the boom box to in front of me.

     I hurry and put the tape in and slam it shut to hit the play button.

      ...of course it's this song.

🎶I wanted to be with you alone
And talk about the weather
But traditions I can trace against the child in your face
Won't escape my attention🎶