Chapter 27

-Steve's perspective-

I heard a door slam shut behind me. I turned around to make eye contact with Robin. She shrugged and mouthed "Eddie."

She pointed towards the bathroom door which was currently closed with the sound of water running.

I sighed before hard braking the car sending everyone slightly forward and pointing towards Robin. "Take over the car for a bit."

"WHAT?!" Robin shouted with wide eyes "I don't even have a license!"

"Honestly, I don't care...Nancy can help you." I mumbled under my breath before walking over to the bathroom.

Robin and I passed paths as I stormed to the bathroom. We made eye contact as I passed and she shot me a glare.

That's an issue for future me. Right now, the priority is to make sure that Eddie was alright.

I softly knocked on the door "Eds...are you alright in there? You kinda ran.."

The sound of a sniffle came from the other side before a shakey voice replied "Yeah just hadda go pee."

"I somehow doubt that..." I sighed while placing my hand on the door. "You could tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is...I swear." He replied before the faucet turned off and there was a click of the door. Eddie opened the door with swollen and red eyes and a fake smile.

I sighed before pushing him back in the restroom and closing the door behind me. "Yeah no something's wrong, Munson. You're gonna spill it."

Eddie seemed alarmed but sunk his face into his hands "It's not something I can just talk about."

"What can I do to convince you that you're safe to tell me?" I slid my hands on top of his to remove them from his face.

"I don't know man." Eddie shrugged before looking down.

"Well...how about...a secret for a secret?" I softly smiled at him.

"What would Steve Harrington's secret be? How you do your hair?" Eddie chuckled lightly before pushing my shoulder lightly.

Well...he was right. I was going to admit that. It's an embarrassing secret that I use Farrah Fawcett's hairspray. I thought it was a fair trade...

"No..." I looked down awkwardly.

"That was totally going to be what you were going to say!" Eddie laughed a whole hearted laugh.

"Okay maybe. Lemme think of another one." I shook my head smiling. Eddie's laugh was so...so...cute...

This whole thing was so confusing. Of course I still felt things for Nancy but...Eddie I felt the same way. It was a predicament I never thought I would be in.

I could never let Eddie know though. It was too risky. It's not even guaranteed he would feel the same way. Robin was right about what she said about Vicky. I see that now.

"Harrington...?" Eddie waved his hand in front of my face to draw me back into reality.

"I don't know another secret." I awkwardly smiled.

"Hmmm... how about...your childhood? I'm fascinated to know more about it. Steve "the Hair" Harrington's home life." Eddie smiled while tilting his head slightly.

I sighed and placed my hands together on my lap. "It's quite boring."

"I'm interested in it so it can't be boring." Eddie smiled even wider.

"Fine...let me just get comfortable." I say before sitting in the bathtub and awkwardly sliding down the side to be at the bottom.

"Let me just..." Eddie stepped slowly into the tub as well to sit across from me. Our legs weaved between each other.

I felt my face heat up. Jesus this guy knows how to push my buttons.

"So uh... I'm an only child."

"I could guess as much." Eddie chuckled hitting his knee into mine.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I push him lightly back.

"I don't know... you just give off that type of thing." He smiled. "Go on."

"My mom had me at a young age...like young young." I lowered my head. "Like teen young"

Eddie silently nodded.

"Not that that effects anything though!" I put my hands up "I mean she's an awesome mom. She's just really young still so she's out there living her life."

"So she's not here then?" Eddie tilted his head.

"No..." I mumbled before looking down. "But my dad...He cares a lot! I mean he always pushed me to do my best in sports."

"I don't think I've ever seen him. Does he go to your games?" Eddie smiled "I'd like to meet him."

"Well..." I sighed "no...he's busy most days with work."

"Hm..." Eddie hummed before fiddling with his rings on his fingers "so they're both not around much?"

"Well I wouldn't say that..." I awkwardly laughed. "They're there when it counts."

"And when's that?" Eddie raised an eyebrow.

I felt my smile fade. He was right. When was that? When was the last time they were here? When they were here for a game? Or a birthday?

I felt my heart drop. It's been...months since I've seen them.

"Well..." I mumbled. "...not for a long time."

Eddie rubbed my shoulder "well...I'm here for you Harrington."

I felt a bit of comfort by that statement. Eddie...was there for me.

"Thanks..." I softly smile. "But uh... Munson. It's your turn. Spill your guts."

Eddie's face turned a light pink. "Well....I-"

Suddenly there was a knock on the door "hey...we're here, dinguses."

"Saved by the bell"