Finale

"I swear to god if you don't put on your shoes you are so grounded!" I yelled loud enough that my voice could ring out throughout the kitchen. The sound of seven voices groaned as they headed towards the mudroom.

    It felt surreal to drive to another graduation. It had been 36 years since my own. 1986 felt like it was just yesterday. 2022...It's crazy to think back on for sure. To add on top of that? I'm going to one of my KID'S graduations.

    How is this even my life? Who knew I'd be living my dream? 6 adopted tots and...

    The feeling of two arms started to wrap around my waist before a few kisses were planted onto my neck. "Edward...your shoes better be on." I slowly turned my body so that I would be facing him.

    He laughed before releasing me from his grasp and pulling up his glasses with his middle finger. "They are...Mr. Bossy"

      Eddie has been doing eye treatments at this specialty doctor. He can't see perfectly...far from it. But he can at least see now. That and he looked great in glasses...when he wasn't flipping me off using them.

   "Well we have to go so I'm glad they are. AS FOR THE KIDS... YOU BETTER HAVE THEM ON!"

    The sound of groaning came from the mudroom again before a little voice echoed back to us "We are, Mom! Just give us a second!" After that the other five snickered.

     I gasped as I looked over to Eddie who shrugged and lifted his hands up in typical Robin fashion.

     "You taught her those foul words?"

    "I can neither confirm nor deny...am I driving?" Eddie picked the keys up from the kitchen counter and spun them on his finger.

   "Hell no. Not with the kids. Not after that day in the woods." I slowly held my hand out for Eddie to give me the keys.

     He rolled his eyes and tossed the keys towards me before smiling. "That was YOUR idea, Eve."

    "It might have been, but I have terrible ideas. You know that." I lightly pushed his shoulder as he walked past with a smile in return.

    "Yeah. One of those making me your husband." Eddie chuckled before running over to the mudroom to help little Isabelle with her complicated shoelaces.

    "NEVER SAID THAT!" I cupped my hands over my mouth and shook my head. "I'll be heating up the car, I expect to see your faces in the back seat in five minutes."

     As I grabbed onto the doorknob, it turned in my hands and the door slightly opened. A familiar face popped through the door with a smile.

    "Robin, we can't give you a ride to the graduation, the seats are already full with the kids." I sighed before opening the door further.

    "That wasn't what I was doing, dingus!" Robin quickly ran into the mud room as well before pulling my oldest, Christine by the gown towards the door. "I'm here to see the future graduate! I mean come on look how cute she looks!" she placed her hand onto Christine's cheeks and squished them together.

    Christine sighed and with a laugh removed Robin's hand from her face. "Thank you but I just barely got my foundation to be set and I wanna look good while I walk."

    "Like father like daughter." Eddie chuckled before walking behind her and hitting her shoulder lightly. "Steven here took like two hours trying to fix his hair for when he walked."