Christmas dinner!

* I woke up in a cold sweat.. There was a knocking on the door, I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep but they wouldn't stop knocking*
Y/n: What do you want!?
Amelia: Y/n...
Y/n: Amelia?
* I quickly crawled out of my bed and opened the door*
Y/n: I am so sorry come in.
Amelia: It's alright.
* I backed up and Amelia walked in and shut the door*
Amelia: Sorry, did I wake you?
Y/n: Yeah, but it's completely fine I needed to wake up anyway, so um why are you here?
Amelia: Did you find him?
Y/n: Yeah I did...
Amelia: Really!? Where is he?
* Amelia saying that brought back memories of Arthur and Compeyson's conversation earlier that day*
Y/n: He's in a motel down the street.
Amelia: Thank you so-so much Y/n!
Y/n: Although, i suggest not visiting him...
Amelia: Why?
Y/n: He's...He's not doing to well. Mentally.
Amelia: Oh...
* I didn't like lying, I never did but i did when it was necessary*
Y/n: Go back home. Have some tea maybe take a walk in the garden?
Amelia: Hmm I might. Would you like to join me?
Y/n: Um sure!
Amelia: Great! I'll be downstairs waiting for you to get ready.
Y/n: Okay.
* Amelia gave me a small smile and then left my room*

A/n: keep in mind it's still Christmas Day, you just took a 'small' nap it's around 3-4 pm

' I might as well join her for Christmas dinner if Arthur isn't' "I thought"
* I walked toward my closet and grabbed a dress/suit, I brushed my hair and and head downstairs*
Amelia: You look wonderful!
Y/n: Thank you, I was in a rush I didn't want to keep you waiting long.
Amelia: It's okay
* Me and Amelia walked out of my house and started heading toward Satis house*
Amelia: So... Arthur.
Y/n: What about him?
Amelia: Do you think he'll come to Christmas dinner?
' no, but I can't tell her that' " I thought"
Y/n: I'm sure he will, after all it is Christmas!
* Amelia hummed in response and continued walking*

( At Satis house )

Y/n: I almost forgot how beautiful this place is. * I said in awe of the place*
Amelia: It is quite the sight * she giggled*
* The both of you both made your way into a lounge area and sat down*
Y/n: So how's it been?
Amelia: It's been okay...
Y/n: Hmm.
Amelia: Tea?
Y/n: Yes please.
* A maid handed you both a cup of tea and walked away*
Y/n: Thank you.
Amelia: Anytime!

( 7 minutes later )

Maid: Excuse me ma'am you have a caller.
* Amelia stood up from the sofa and walked toward the maid, then grabbed the little slip of paper off of a tray the maid was holding*
Y/n: Who is it?
Amelia: The stranger I told you about, on our way here... Did he say what he wanted?
Maid: No ma'am.
Y/n: You should see him!
* Amelia turned her head toward me and gave me a questioning glance*

( next to the front door )

Amelia: Mr. Compeyson?

A/n: I just found out I was spelling Compeyson's name wrong, sorry!

Compeyson: Miss Havisham, please forgive the intrusion, but I...felt I had to see you.
Amelia: On Christmas Day?
Compeyson: Yes, er in fact, that is rather the point!
Amelia: Oh...
Compeyson: I have discovered that in my eagerness to protect you yesterday evening, I may have made a terrible mistake..
Amelia: How so?
Compeyson: I have since learned that the young man I struck was, in fact, your brother..
* As he said that I walked into view. Me and Compeyson's eyes grew wide at the sight of each other*
Amelia: Y/n. Sorry for the wait.. This is Compeyson.
Y/n: Y-Yeah we've met...
Amelia: Really? When?
Compeyson: At the market. Bumped into each other on accident... Right Y/n?
* I glared at him for a moment debating my decision of words*
Y/n: Yes that is what happened...
' I didn't want to lie to Amelia but if I revealed the way I met him.. Her and Arthur's relationship would be ruined'
Compeyson: Back to what I was saying... It seems I have unwittingly involved myself in a family dispute, and family is so important, particularly at this time of year, even more so, as I understand that your father recently passed..
Amelia: Yes...
* I decided to keep quiet, I wanted to tell Amelia that her secret admirer was hired by her brother, that he intends to use her for her money, but I didn't want to see Amelia even more sad than she already was, especially since her father just passed*
Compeyson: Then, with your permission, I would like to make amends.
* Amelia smiled weakly then said*
Amelia: And how do you propose to do that?
Compeyson: Well, I'm here to ask his and your forgiveness...
Amelia: My brother isn't here * She said clearly wanting out of the conversation*
Compeyson: Oh... If I am the cause of his absence, then you must allow me to act as a.. As a mediary, to call on him to see if the rift can't be healed.. Well, it is Christmas after all * He says laughing slightly*
Amelia: Yes it is, and I have a guest waiting.. Mary, would you please? Thank you very much for taking the time to call. It was very kind of you.
Compeyson: But! We've yet to discuss our strategy * he chuckled in disbelief*.. ah, your brother, reconciliation
Amelia: Mr. Compeyson, much as I applaud your good intentions, what on earth could I or anyone else have done to give you the impression that I would ask, a total stranger to involve himself in my family business.. Arthur and I will no doubt resolve our differences, as we have always done without the need for a mediary.. Good day and merry Christmas
* I laughed at Compeyson and bumped his shoulder while passing by him.. following Amelia. The maid showed Compeyson out of Satis house and returned to her duties*
Y/n: Dinner?
Amelia: Yes! We should!
* We walked into the dining room, the maids have prepared a feast.. enough for a family of 10 although there was only me and Amelia present*
Y/n: Looks amazing!
Amelia: Let's get eating!
* Me and Amelia sat down and started eating, she spaced out for a bit, I then realized she was thinking if Arthur was going to show*
Y/n: He'll come.. it's Christmas after all.
Amelia: Yeah...

Arthur's POV

* I slowly paced the room biting my nails, then the door opened and a man walked in*
Arthur: Where have you been!? What did she say? I-is she contrite? Conscience- stricken?- did she beg for me to go home!?
Compeyson: No.. She threw me out!? * he laughed* without so much as a by your leave, she showed me the damn door! * He laughed once again bending down and grabbing a glass of alcohol* she closed it in my face!
Arthur: And you find that amusing because? * I questioned slightly confused*
Compeyson: Because, my dear Havisham, it means the chase is on. And I'll wager not an easy one at that.. So. The well- honored tradition of " to the victor the spoils" * he said filling a glass of alcohol and passing it to me*
Compeyson: I intend to take her... for everything... every penny!
* he clinks his glass with my mine and drinks.. I gave him a fake smile and silently drank my glass*

A/n: I apologize for the wait! I tried to post a chapter yesterday but I fell asleep.. anyway I hoped you enjoyed and have a great day/ night!!