The Kiss ❤️

* I woke up to find Arthur sleeping soundly next to me, I placed a small kiss to the top of his head making him wake up*
Arthur: Hmm, Y/n?
Y/n: Sorry did I wake you?
Arthur: Yeah, it's okay.
Y/n: Oh, what are you going to do today?
Arthur: I don't know yet, I'll probably talk to Compeyson about some things...
Y/n: Arthur.. * I said my voice laced with worry *
Arthur: Don't start!
Y/n: Look, I'm sorry okay?
* Arthur groaned and crawled out of bed. He walked to his wardrobe and threw on a robe*
Arthur: I think you should leave..
Y/n: Arthur, please don't do this.
Arthur: Do what?
Y/n: Shut me out!
* I walked over to him and cupped his cheek in my hand, a shade of pink rose to his cheeks*
Y/n: You can talk to me Arthur, I'm your best friend. Stop shutting me out.
* Arthur and I held eye contact, tears were threatening to fall out of his eyes, he placed a hand on my waist and kissed me... On the lips.. I was shocked, sure I liked him but, I didn't think he liked me. I kissed him back and placed my other hand to his cheek.. Arthur eventually pulled away leaving me breathless*
Arthur: I-I'm sorry I should go...
Y/n: W-Wait Arthur!
* Before I could say it was okay he grabbed a jacket and left the room. Leaving me alone to think about what just happened*

Amelia's POV

Honoria: Well, those shareholders know how to enjoy themselves, did Arthur come?
Amelia: Yes, and we're freinds again * I said giggling out of joy*
Honoria: Was he drinking?
Amelia: Everyone was drinking it was a party. Honoria, I know how rude he has been to you. But he seemed much humbled.. So when you see him, please be kind.
Honoria: I'm only agreeing because I love you... Now hurry up and dress, or we'll miss everything.
Amelia: And will Captain Hawdon be joining us at the fair?
Honoria: Of course. * She said smiling*

Compeyson's POV

* There was cheering and clapping as I watched a wrestling match in session*
Captain Hawdon: You've left the cavalry?
Compeyson: Yeah, death in the family I was needed to take charge of affairs * I said lying straight to his face*
Captain Hawdon: I'm sorry.
Compeyson: Oh- tell me, the Miss Barbary you could not stop talking about.
Captain Hawdon: Ah. Well, here she is now.
* I searched through the crowd and there I saw Miss Barbary with Amelia.. Perfect*
Compeyson: Is she Mrs Hawdon now?
Captain Hawdon: Uh, not yet and that's my fault. I missed a chance at promotion, she doesn't know.. Are you married, Compeyson?
Compeyson: A bachelor.
Captain Hawdon: Well, Miss Barbary has a freind that you might enjoy meeting.
Compeyson: Always enjoy meeting a lady * I said trying to sound as kind as possible*
* Me and Captain Hawdon walked over to Honoria and Amelia, Amelia turned her head and saw me, looking shocked*
Captain Hawdon: Oh, this is Meriweather Compeyson.
Compeyson: Uh, Miss Havisham and I are acquainted.
* Amelia looked angry to see me the more I realize it's probably because of what I said last time I saw her*
Captain Hawdon: Then this is a chance to get to know each other better.
Amelia: Well, I know Mr Compeyson considers woman only good for parties, and that's all I wish to know... Good day to you, sir.
* Amelia walked away slowly.. I had a choice, stay or go*
Compeyson: I will go. Hawdon, a great pleasure. We must dine together soon.. On me, Miss Barbary, another time * I said walking away. I came across Amelia's dog and fed him a sausage, I then overhead Amelia's conversation*
Amelia: Where's Jip?
Captain Hawdon: He was here a moment ago.
Honoria: Oh, he's probably begging for sausages somewhere, you know what he's like.
Amelia: No, he never leaves me.. Jip! Sweetheart!!
* What Amelia didn't know is that I had Jip.. Here in my arms, because I had a plan. I took off my glove then took off my tie and messed up my shirt, I ripped a piece of it off and started banging my head against the wall to reveal blood, horses came running and here.. My plan was set*
Compeyson: Stop!! The dog! * I said diving in-front of the horses, pretending to save Jip*
* People crowded around me, I slowly stumbled upward walking toward Amelia to give her the dog, I handed her the dog and she gratefully took him out of my hands*
Compeyson: I was rude to you, I am.. Always rude when I am out of my depth... And I am out of my depth, I could drown in you, Amelia.. Hawdon I- trust you will care for the ladies in their shock, Miss Barbary, Miss Havisham
* I then walked away proud that I now resemble someone other than a man to Amelia, but a man that saved her dogs life.. ( not really )*

A/n: Mostly Compeyson's POV this chapter, please tell me how you feel about the kiss between you and Arthur.. and how you feel about Compeyson's attempt at saving the plan to steal Amelia's money.. earning her trust.. thanks for reading I hope y'all enjoyed!!! Bye!