"You Took Everything From Me"

Y/n's POV

* Hours had passed since Arthur's breakdown. He said he planned something, something big and that he wanted me beside him when it happened. I agreed and have been by his side all day. Arthur and I walked out of a building as Arthur called a boy over*
Arthur: Boy, you know Mr Compeyson, you've seen him with me in The Three Cripples.
Boy: Yes, sir.
Arthur: He'll be at the tailor's. Find him and give him this.
* Arthur handed the boy a letter with a red mark on it*
Arthur: Tell him it's urgent, that it's vital that he reads it immediately, go.
* Arthur grinned slightly as the boy ran away to find Compeyson*
Y/n: What did you write in that letter?
Arthur: You'll know in all good time, my love.
* I felt my cheeks flush at the name. Arthur seemed to take notice and took my hand in his and said*
Arthur: Want me to call you that more often?
Y/n: I-I... Yeah.
Arthur: You're a dork.
Y/n: Hey! You're an idiot.
Arthur: Ay!
* I erupted into a fit of laughter as Arthur pushed me to the side*
Y/n: Okay, okay, your not an idiot. You're smart, kind, and incredibly handsome~
* I wrapped my arm around his and rested my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead and whispered reassuring's into my ear. Soon after Arthur and I arrived in The Three Cripples. Arthur dragged me along with him to the bartender and said*
Arthur: Two tonics.
???: Something for the head, sir?
Arthur: Yes.
???: This'll shift it.
* The bartender gave Arthur and I a tonic. We both agreed to down it at the same time and so we did. Arthur drank his, I drank mine. We both immediately started coughing because of how strong the drink was*
???: Best to follow it with a drop of whiskey, burn off the taste.
* Arthur nodded his head as he covered his mouth. It was clear he was disgusted by the drink which only made me laugh at his sour expressions*
Arthur: Ay, you didn't like it either.
Y/n: That's true.
* Arthur grinned and quickly kissed my cheek making me slightly blush*
Y/n: Were in public, Arthur.
Arthur: I don't give a damn anymore, whiskey please!
* The bartender shortly after hearing Arthur's words handed Arthur and I a shot of whiskey. I took small sips as Arthur downed it in a second*
Y/n: Don't choke, idiot.
Arthur: I've chugged worse.
Y/n: I wouldn't doubt it.
* A man suddenly appeared beside me. It seemed he was there for Arthur. Arthur had realized the man's presence and pulled me by my waist closer to him. He frowned slightly and said*
Arthur: I asked for two...
???: Trust me, Bill here is all you need... What's with the lovely person by your side?
Arthur: They are none of your business, come Y/n.
* Arthur dragged me outside with Bill following*
Y/n: Why is this man following us?
Arthur: You'll see.
Y/n: Is this about Compeyson?
Arthur: You'll see.
Y/n: Arthur!
Arthur: You'll see. * He said chuckling*

( 15 minutes later )

* Arthur and I were in his room. I stood beside him, Arthur had been fidgeting with a ring on my finger. I tried to pull my hand away but he only tugged it closer to him. I frowned and said*
Y/n: What's wrong?
Arthur: Were waiting for someone.
Y/n: Who?
* The door opened in a fast, swift movement to reveal Compeyson*
Arthur: Him.
Compeyson: What are you playing at, Arthur? I'm in no mood for games. * He said throwing the letter onto the ground*
Arthur: Nor I.
Compeyson: So, what's so damn important that you drag me here on my wedding day?
Arthur: I want you to leave my sister, my family, and my lover, alone!
Compeyson: Damn your eyes, I've no time to listen to this.
* As Compeyson turned around to leave he was met with the face of Bill. Jaggers entered the room and closed the door, locking it.
Arthur: Yet listen you will. * He said harshly*
Y/n: Darling.
Arthur: Don't worry, you'll see why I want you here...
Compeyson: It's too late, Arthur. There's nothing you can do, and if I need to fight my way out of here, I will.
Arthur: Have Mr Compeyson sit down, won't you Bill?
* Bill's face remained expressionless as he punched Compeyson in the stomach, then the face repeatedly. I gasped in surprise but remained beside Arthur. I couldn't bring myself to help Compeyson because of all the horrible things he's done to Arthur and me. Bill forced Compeyson to sit in a chair. Compeyson grunted and held his stomach. He eventually raised his head, the sight made your eyes widen. Compeyson's nose was bleeding a great amount, and his eyes were slightly watering. Arthur grinned and took my hand in his as he walked in front of Compeyson with me by his side*
Arthur: You see, Compeyson. You forgot something very important, that the only thing that kept me from exposing you was self-interest. A simple equation. If I exposed you for what you are, then everyone would understand my part in it. But your mistake was taking away everything I had, my sister, my title, my lover... Including hope. Mr Sikes, you are a regular here at The Three Cripples, are you not?
Bill: I am.
Arthur: Enjoy exchanging stories over an ale or two, no doubt?
Bill: It's been known.
Arthur: Well then I have a tale for you. When my late father died and left the Havisham fortune to my sister and not to me. I hired Mr Compeyson here to seduce her and in doing so, to bend her will to mine, in order that she would renounce the will and I'd be reinstated as master of Satis House. Please feel free to share this with anyone who'll listen, and so the secret is no more, and our destines no longer aligned.
* Compeyson grinned and chuckled as he wiped at his nose and said*
Compeyson: You can't scare me off, Arthur.
Arthur: Oh, I assure you that's the very last thing on my mind.
Compeyson: Then, what do you want?
Arthur: One of the only things I have left of any value, the love of my sister, and so to that end. I intend to go to Satis House with Y/n. Amelia will hear everything. I will sob at her feet, and beg her forgiveness, and she will believe me. I guarantee you once I'm done, you'll never set foot in Satis House again.
Compeyson: Don't do this, Arthur. Maybe it was wrong of me, cutting you out of things like I did. It was selfish of me, I see that now.
* I grinned at Arthur's annoyed expression. He raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes at the constant begging of Compeyson. I groaned and said*
Y/n: It's no use begging, Compeyson. You've fallen into a hole you cannot crawl out of.
Compeyson: Screw you, Sparrow!
Arthur: Shut your mouth, bastard!
~ ~ ~
Compeyson: Arthur, we can go back to how it was. Just let the wedding go ahead and we can make a new plan. Do not do this today!
* Because of Compeyson's pounding on the chair with his fist, Bill had raised his cane to his neck*
Arthur: To think how close you got. Close enough to smell the money. * He said grinning*
Compeyson: It's not just the money.
* Arthur and I giggled at Compeyson's pained expression. I tapped Arthur's shoulder and whispered into his ear if I could say something. He nodded his head and grinned once more. I let go of Arthur's hand and walked slowly toward Compeyson. I put my hand to his cheek and said*
Y/n: It's her. You love her, don't you?
Arthur: The hunter caught in his own trap.
* Compeyson had enough of this constant interrogation and stood up and attempted to tackle me to the ground but was stopped by Bill punching him hard in the stomach, making him fall back into the chair. Arthur laughed hysterically as he pulled me back to his side. Arthur rested his head on my shoulder as he grinned at Compeyson*
Arthur: My darling, do you want a go?
Y/n: You think I can handle him?
Arthur: If you can handle me, I'm sure you can handle him.
* I grinned and quickly pulled Arthur into a kiss. He grinned against my lips and bit my lower lip as I pulled away. I slowly walked back over to Compeyson and looked down on him*
Compeyson: What do you want, slut.
* I could tell Arthur was about to say something but I stopped him by saying*
Y/n: Remind me who has two wives?
~ ~ ~
Y/n: Compeyson, I really, really hate you. You've done the most horrible things to Arthur, which only makes me want to slit your throat. But sadly I can't do that, but I can do this.
* I swiftly started punching Compeyson, one, two, three, four, five times. I pulled my fist away which was now covered in blood and smirked*
Arthur: Excellent work.
Y/n: I tried.
* I returned to Arthur's side and followed him across the room and next to a medium sized bag*
Arthur: In this here bag are my 30 pieces of silver, every penny we stole from my sister, I won't have the stench of it near me a second longer. I intend to follow in my father's footsteps, to begin with nothing. So it's yours. £10,000.
* Compeyson reached for the bag but was stopped by Bill's cane*
Y/n: Ah Compeyson, how unbelievably predictable you are.
Arthur: Well, there's a condition.
Compeyson: What?
Arthur: Well, I knew that to win back my sister's respect, she will need to know the truth. But then I thought how much better it would be coming from you. * He said letting out a small giggle*
Compeyson: No.
Arthur: I think you might want to reconsider. My lawyer will explain.
Mr Jaggers: You have two very clear choices, Mr Compeyson. To accept Mr Havisham's very generous offer and leave here unharmed with £10,000. Or you can reject his offer and be handed in to the authorities. Where I will use my not inconsiderable influence to ensure you are charged with your crimes and imprisoned for them. You will write a full confession to Miss Havisham, setting out the truth, the entire truth, the facts, as cold and as heartless as they are, and you will not receive a penny and I will have you arrested. Do you understand? You will then deliver it to her in person.
Compeyson: What? Why would you ask me to do that? Why would you do that to her? If I write it all down, you'll have what you need.
Mr Jaggers: No, we will not have it said that it was written under duress, that you were coerced, that this was somehow false.
Arthur: She will read it and see the truth of it in your eyes.
Mr Jaggers: This is not a matter of negotiation.
~ ~ ~
Compeyson: Fine!

A/n: Thanks so much for reading, I love you all so much, good bye!