^ Tears And Suitcases ^

Frances: I did what I thought was right.
Captain Hawdon: You did it to stop me and Honoria being together.
Frances: I had your best interests at heart...
Captain Hawdon: It's unlikely that such a bitter woman, courts anyone's best interests but her own.
Frances: Are you content to stand by and allow this abuse? * She said turning to Honoria*
Honoria: If we could just calm ourselves.
Captain Hawdon: I'll go, Honoria. I don't want to upset you any more. But why don't you come with me?
Frances: She can't go out in broad daylight for everyone to see.
* James took a hold of Honoria's hand and held it with both hands*
Captain Hawdon: She'll do anything to keep us apart. Can you not see that?
Honoria: James, stop.
Captain Hawdon: Come with me, please.
Honoria: Be patient. It's just a few more weeks.
* Honoria leaned in and kissed Hawdon on the lips, he smiled weakly and then turned to Me*
Captain Hawdon: And hopefully I'll never have to lay eyes on you again.
* Captain Hawdon left without another word. There was silence in the air until Honoria broke it*
Honoria: How could you?
Frances: That was weeks ago. Before any of this.
Honoria: The baby, would it kill you to say it?
Frances: You're my little sister. All I want to do is protect you.

Amelia's POV

* I heard a door open to see Compeyson walking into the lounge area. I was spacing out and thinking about the wedding, and Arthur*
Amelia: I wasn't expecting to see you today.
Compeyson: A man can't surprise his fiancée? I missed you.
Amelia: Hmm...
* I hummed and broke eye contact to look at the ground. Compeyson noticed the change in my behavior and said*
Compeyson: What is it? Is something wrong?
Amelia: Please, sit down.
* Compeyson nodded his head and sat down beside me. I talked to him about what's on my mind and to my surprise he was set furious*
Compeyson: You're prepared to allow you're brother's bitterness to threaten our happiness?
Amelia: Arthur and Y/n are worried about me, that's all.
Compeyson: Of course Y/n agrees with him. Arthur is worried about getting his greedy hands on the estate. Not about your welfare. For all I care, he can have the entire damn Havisham fortune.
Amelia: Meriwether...
Compeyson: What can I do to prove myself? All I want is to be your husband...
Amelia: Yes, but why rush into it? I mean I know that's what people are thinking.
Compeyson: Amelia, If you have doubts yourself...
Amelia: No.
* Compeyson stood up from the sofa and grabbed my hand pulling me with him*
Compeyson: Then to hell with everyone else.
Amelia: I'm so sorry. I have been a fool.
Compeysonm Well, yes. You have. A huge fool.
* I smiled weakly and said*
Amelia: Could you forgive me?
* Compeyson nodded his head as he met me in a passionate kiss. I pulled away and rubbed his hand gently*
Amelia: I'm going to buy you a present. Something to wear on the day. What do you need?
Compeyson: The only thing I will ever need is you.

Mr Bucket's POV

???: Inspector Thompson is a very aggravating man, indeed. I'm impressed with your restraint.
* Mrs Cratchit came over and handed us some more alcohol*
Mr Bucket: Thank you very much, Mrs Cratchit. It looks as good as ever.
Mrs Cratchit: Inspector, is it true someone's been arrested for the murders? I suppose it's pointless to ask who.
Mr Bucket: Well, I'm afraid it is.
* Mrs Cratchit nodded her head and walked away. I put my hands to my forehead and rubbed my temples*
???: Penny for you thoughts, Mr Bucket?
* I raised my hands from my forehead and placed them in front of me*
Mr Bucket: You were right, Mr... Never let a personal grudge cloud your judgement, however immeasurable that grudge may be. Well, I've wasted precious time on the most obvious suspect. A childish error. I leave that sort of crude approach to inspector Thompson.
???: So, what now, then? A new investigation?
Mr Bucket: A detective does not give up so easily.
???: Forgive me, but in the light of the fact that you've been removed from the case, I can't see any choice but to leave it all to him..
Mr Bucket: If I stop now, the detective has failed... I will not allow that to happen. I will continue with my own investigation. Confidentiality, of course. I'll have to tread with the utmost care and attention. I'll also need to employ a different method. More meticulous. The devil, as ever, is in the detail. And I will catch this devil, if it's the last thing I do.