Lunch!!

Arthur: You should go home. Get ready for lunch.
Y/n: I don't want to leave you.
Arthur: You must if you want to look presentable.* He said chuckling*
Y/n: Hey! I don't look half bad!
Arthur: You're hair needs some touching up.
Y/n: Okay, but I don't need to leave for that, I'll use your mirror.
Arthur: Fine, hurry we have to be there in 10 minutes!
Y/n: Okay, okay.
* I hurried out of Arthur's bed and walked toward a mirror. I grabbed a comb from beside me and gently brushed through my hair. After 3 minutes of combing and brushing I was finished*
Arthur: Ready?
Y/n: Yeah.
* I grabbed his hand and led him out of the room heading out the building and toward Satis House*

( At Satis House )

* I was currently sitting with Arthur, Compeyson, Mathew, and Amelia. Amelia's dog Jip was non-stop barking at Compeyson*
Amelia: Hey! Jip, stop that. Mary, could you take him?
* A maid walked over to Amelia gracefully and gently grabbed the dog showing him the door*
Amelia: If only he could talk, he may explain why he barks at the man who rescued him.
Compeyson: If only * He said smiling*
* Amelia glanced over at Arthur to see him quickly place down his fork. She smiled weakly looking down at her own food. Mathew sensed the awkward silence and said*
Mathew: To Mr Compeyson, without whom some of us literally wouldn't be here * He said looking over at Arthur and I*
Amelia: Mr Compeyson. There's someone else I'd like to toast. Someone who's unaware how much he means to me because I tell him all to rarely.
* As Amelia spoke Mathew's eyes lit up, grinning slightly thinking it was he Amelia was talking about*
Amelia: So, I'd like to tell him now that I'm proud to have him back here at Satis House. As it should be. As I hope it always will be. To Arthur!
* The smile on Mathew's face vanished at the name. Instead Amelia's smile grew bigger and yet more forced*
Mathew: To Arthur.
Y/n: To Arthur! * I said smiling over at him*
* Arthur didn't want to be here it was very clear but if he wasn't at Satis House Compeyson would put him in his grave. We all drank from our glasses as we toast to Arthur*

Arthur's POV

* I quickly stood up and whispered to Y/n*
Arthur: I'll be back in a few minutes.
* They simply nodded. I walked into my dad's old office now Amelia's, and sat down on a chair. I grabbed a jar of whisky and poured some into a glass drinking it. After a few sips Amelia walked in, I placed my glass down and looked over at her. She walked toward me saying*
Amelia: You've hardly said a word since you arrived. Arthur, please I thought we were friends again.
* I could hear cousin laughing in the next room. I took a deep breath as Amelia sat down on a chair next to mine and said*
Amelia: I believe you've come to know Mr Compeyson quite well.
Arthur: Well enough in the few times our paths have crossed, Why?
Amelia: Can I trust his interest in the brewery is genuine?
Arthur: He told me it would be a great opportunity * I said trying to cheer up*
Amelia: So, I'd be foolish to spurn him? Arthur, I can trust him?
Arthur: Completely * I said my voice cracking at the end*

Compeyson's POV

Mathew: These are based on initial ideas, that Amelia and I have discussed. If you'd cast a look?
* I walked over to the table and grabbed my glass of wine*
Compeyson: Impressive.
Mathew: I'm glad you think so.
Compeyson: I meant your act.
Mathew: Act? I don't follow.
Compeyson: It's not the brewery you're interested in, it's Miss Havisham. You're in love with her. Forgive me Pocket, I didn't... I didn't mean to embarrass you.
Mathew: Is it so obvious? * He said giving away his worries*
Compeyson: To me it is, not to her. No matter how many rooftops you risk your life leaping across, she sees you nothing more than her little dog. A loyal, faithful friend. But, it can change. You, can change it...
Mathew: How? * He said walking toward me his voice sounding desperate*
Compeyson: Who Is it she's looked up to most of her life?
Mathew: Her father.
Compeyson: And was it not his intention for you to travel the world, become a self-made man?
Mathew: It was...
Compeyson: Then become that man. Go to America. Make your fortune. Prove yourself to her! You'll return as a man who has worked his way up from nothing to become a success in his own right. Then, will she see you as so much more than good old cousin Mathew.
* He turned his head and looked out the window, peering out into the streets*

Amelia's POV

* I searched around Satis house for cousin to see him in my office, I held Jip in my arms and called to cousin*
Amelia: Here you are. Been looking for you everywhere. Arthur's still annoyed with me, I can tell. But at least he came. Which seemed impossible a matter of weeks ago, I should send my thanks to Compeyson and Y/n. * I said walking toward him*
* Cousin rose from his chair and said*
Mathew: Amelia, I have...
Amelia: No I... Let me say this. I'm so happy you agreed to help, Mathew. Father always used to say you were the most loyal member of the family. And you've proved it. How blessed I am to have two of the most faithful companions in The Whole world * I said petting Jip*
Mathew: Amelia, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for what I am about to say. I have decided to keep to my original plan to travel.
Amelia: I don't understand!?
Mathew: I'm so sorry...
Amelia: But we've made plans for the brewery. You were so full of enthusiasm and now you're leaving.
Mathew: It is, after all, what your father intended for me.
Amelia: I know but even so...
Mathew: If I can be half the man he was, then I'd be happy. Making something of myself in America is the only way I can hope to achieve that. Just- trust me.
* Mathew took my hand in his and said*
Mathew: I'll return a better man. A richer man! A man who I hope one day will prove worthy of your respect.

Arthur's POV

* I walked carefully down the snowy steps looking over at Compeyson*
Arthur: What are you doing?
Compeyson: Removing the threat to our plan...
* Compeyson laughed and kneeled down to pet Amelia's dog. The dog growled and bit Compeyson's hand*
Compeyson: Argh!
Amelia: Mr Compeyson, I'm mortified.
Compeyson: I'm fine, really.
Amelia: Should I fetch a doctor?
Compeyson: I really am all right, Miss Havisham, besides we don't want to make Pocket Miss his train.
Mathew: Oh- I almost forgot. Your father gave this to me when I was nine. He said it would bring me good luck. * He said holding up a coin and handing it to Amelia*
Amelia: No, I couldn't...
Mathew: No, keep it. Until I return, and then perhaps it will give both of us luck.
* Mathew turned to me and put his hands on my shoulders*
Mathew: Go home, Arthur. Where you belong. For me?
* I shoved him off of me and fake smiled, looking down at the floor*
Compeyson: Be assured, Pocket. I shall take great care of her.
* Mathew pat Compeyson's shoulder and climbed into the carriage closing the door. I slowly made my way past Amelia to leave when I heard*
Amelia: You don't have to go, Arthur.
* I nodded my head and walked away, still overhearing Compeyson talking from behind me*
Compeyson: Now, that we're alone, Miss Havisham. Your cousin asked me to keep a protective eye on you in his absence.
Amelia: I'm sure he meant well, Mr. Compeyson. I assure you, I require no such protection.
Compeyson: That's precisely what I told him.
* I turned my head to look back at Amelia and saw Compeyson smiling and leaving. I smiled to myself and walked back toward the place I stayed. What seemed like my forever home*

Amelia's POV

* I was in my office going through some paperwork when a maid burst into the room*
Maid: I can't seem to find Jip Miss.
Amelia: Well, look again, I'll come with you.
* What Amelia didn't know is that Compeyson had Jip with him. The dog was in a sealed bag, preventing it's barks to be heard. Compeyson without hesitation tossed the bag into a Lake... Drowning the dog*

A/n: Sad ending for the chapter, thanks for reading. Feel free to vote or comment. Bye!