Meeting

* Arthur smiled and finally let go of my hand as we walking inside the room together. There were four seats by the front of the room near Amelia, I guessed was for us. Arthur and I quickly walked to the front of the room and sat down next to each other looking up at Amelia. She took a few deep breaths and then turned around to face the crowd*
Amelia: Apologies, gentlemen, for the delay, and a very warm welcome. May I begin by offering my sincere thanks to all of you, for helping to build the Havisham brewery into the empire we so proudly represent today.
* All of the old men in the room silently shouted " Hear". I gazed over to Arthur to see him looking uncomfortable? I gave Arthur a weak smile before turning my attention back to Amelia. I could see out of the corner of my eye him smirking just a tiny bit*
Amelia: Of course a great empire requires great leadership, and I think we will agree there was none greater than my dear father.
* Everyone said hear this time even Arthur*
Amelia: But... This is a new era. And today I would like to propose some changes. Initial out lair aside to move the malt house onto the brewery site, would remove transport costs...
Mr Nortan: Miss Havisham. The malt house poses a significant fire hazard. I commend your prudence, but it would be of little concern if the entire brewery was razed to the ground.
Amelia: Thank you, Mr Nortan. That actually brings me to the next point on my agenda. I assume you're familiar with the new trend of jack arching. As used on the new Perkins Brewhouse at Southwark. This is the practice of using steel, rather than timber beams on concrete ceilings, for fireproofing and longevity. Allow me to explain in more detail.
* Amelia explained for a while but I payed no interest. Instead I was staring at the floor wondering how my dad was doing. I haven't seen him for a day or two now. I soon felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over to see Arthur looking worried, he then whispered*
Arthur: Bored yet?
Y/n: Just a little bit but I'll survive. It's better than drinking at your place alone.
Arthur: That's true.
Mr Jaggers: Show of hands then, gentlemen. * He said interrupting our conversation*
* Almost everyone's hands settled in the air as Arthur seemed shocked they weren't rejecting Amelia. She smiled and started talking again*
Amelia: Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to raise them.
* Everyone put their hands down as Amelia took a quick glance at Jaggers and then returned her attention back to the crowd*
Amelia: Then I think we should bring this meeting to a close.
* Everyone clapped there hands as Compeyson burst through the door. He immediately started clapping as Amelia started walking toward him but passed him seconds later*
???: Congratulations.
Amelia: Thank you.
* Arthur and I now stood next to Amelia, Compeyson in front of us, the crowd separating Amelia and Compeyson. Compeyson walked toward Amelia slowly and said*
Compeyson: Miss Havisham... Please forgive me.
Amelia: Your poor freind. What a dreadful shock.
* My heart sunk now remembering Amelia was lied to... Yet again about Compeyson*
Compeyson: Yes, yes. It was, uh... Very unexpected.
Mr Jaggers: Impressive, Miss Havisham.
Arthur: Yes, you were, Amelia.* He said forcing a smile*
Mr Jaggers: Now Mr Norton is keen to speak with you.
Amelia: Mr Compeyson, I apologize. Excuse me.
* Mr Jaggers helped Amelia into another room, giving Compeyson a mean glare in the process. After he left I decided to break the silence between the two*
Y/n: You we're late...
Compeyson: I am well aware.
Y/n: She waited for you! She wanted to delay the meeting because of you.
Compeyson: Huh...
Arthur: Hey, let's just head outside.
Y/n: Fine.
* Arthur, Compeyson, and I all walked out of the building. Compeyson was already at it again talking to Arthur about the meeting*
Compeyson: What happened to delaying it?
Arthur: As you constantly remind me, Amelia won't listen to me. After her triumph today I doubt she'll seek anyone's counsel again. Perhaps it's time to face facts. Your plan is failing. * He said cornering Compeyson in an alley way*
Compeyson: You'll have to find alternative accommodation this evening.
Arthur: You can't keep me from my own lodgings.
* Arthur was about to enter the Three Cripples but Compeyson stopped him and walked away*
Y/n: Hey Arthur...
Arthur: What?
Y/n: Wanna drink?
Arthur: I don't have much money on me-
Y/n: It's on me.
~ ~ ~
Arthur: Fine, but I'm paying you back.
Y/n: No your not.
Arthur: Yes I am.
Y/n: No! You need the money not me.
* Arthur sighed and held out his hand for me to take. I smiled and placed my hand in his. We slowly walked inside the bar and head straight for an empty booth. He let go of my hand as we both sat across from each other. After a while a guy came up to us and asked us what we would like. We both ordered mugs of whiskey, they then came a few minutes later. Arthur immediately took sips of his as I did mine*
Y/n: Everything okay?

A/n: Rushed ending because I'm tired and I want sleep, bye.