Ring?

Arthur: I'm alright, you?
Y/n: Could be better...
* Arthur sighed and averted his gaze from mine*
Y/n: Is there something troubling you, Arthur?
* Arthur returned eye contact and frowned slightly. He took a deep and shaky breath before saying*
Arthur: Compeyson is getting far to close to Amelia...
Y/n: How do you mean?
Arthur: He- He's making her fall In love with him. Tricking her to obey him...
Y/n: Apart of the plan?
Arthur: He improvised, without permission.
Y/n: It's true what you said a few days back, he is truly unpredictable.
* Arthur hummed in response and circled the glass of whisky in his hand*
Y/n: We should head back.
Arthur: But-
Y/n: No! Arthur you're not drinking tonight. As much as I adore that state of you I don't want Arthur Havisham spitting nonsense at random people.
* Arthur sighed in defeat as I stood up holding my hand out to him. He smiled slightly and accepted my request. He took my hand gently and stood up. I walked him out of The Three Cripples and started heading to Arthur's place*

( Arthur's Room )

* As I entered the room Arthur immediately ripped off his suit, almost making it tear. He was left in a white shirt with dark grey pants. I laughed quietly in response and started taking off my own clothes. Arthur turned his attention to the floor giving me privacy to change. I smiled and slipped off my dress/suit and changed into a black shirt long enough to my knees. I slowly made my way to Arthur and stood in front of him. I placed my hand under his chin and forced eye contact*
Y/n: Are you going to give me what you promised?
* Arthur smirked in response and grabbed my waist swiftly moving me onto his lap. He was quick to kiss me not wanting a complaint. I smiled against his lips and snaked my arms around his neck. He placed his hands under the shirt I borrowed making me gasp in surprise at how cold his hand were. He took this as an opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. I immediately stopped kissing him and placed my head on his shoulder*
Arthur: Was I too much for you, darling?
Y/n: N-No, I'm just not used to this much intimacy...
Arthur: You're cute. * He said gently grabbing my cheek to make me face him*
* Arthur smiled mischievously and leaned down toward my neck. He sucked on my neck for a while making hickeys visible. I decided this was enough for tonight and thought of a fun way to trick him. I kissed his lips quickly pulling at his hair. I waited until he was about to take control and pushed him back onto the bed making his back hit the mattress. I smiled and placed a kiss to his cheek before rolling off him. He groaned and turned to me*
Arthur: Why~
Y/n: I'm tired, love.
Arthur: But-
Y/n: Shh! * I said wrapping him in a hug*
* Arthur relaxed in my embrace and slowly made his way under the covers, covering me as well*
Arthur: Goodnight beautiful.
Y/n: Goodnight Idiot.

Compeyson's POV

* I waited outside Satis House for Amelia. She appeared mere moments later unaware I was there. I followed her through the streets until we circled around and ended in front of the Satis House's doors. She noticed me and smiled*
Amelia: I felt dreadful having to rush away earlier.
Compeyson: Not at all.
Amelia: I was so nervous about the meeting. But I surprised myself. Standing there, addressing the room, I felt like I was born for it. How insensitive of me. You're grieving and here I am, talking about my meeting...
Compeyson: Amelia. If you grant me a moment there's something I wish to say.
* Amelia nodded her head and said*
Amelia: What is it?
Compeyson: Harsh as it may sound. My dear freind's demise has provided me with a vivid clarity... For all I know, I may follow him tomorrow.
Amelia: Don't say such a thing...
Compeyson: It's true. Any of us might. Why deny it? It's a life of pretense.
* Amelia broke eye contact and looked down at the floor, fiddling with her hands*
Compeyson: And I admit, I've been pretending to you since the say we met.
Amelia: Pretending? * She said taking a step forward*
Compeyson: I'm pretending that I don't love you more than I've loved another person in my life.
* Amelia gasped as I took her hands in mine*
Compeyson: I want to walk by your side for the rest of my days. Share everything I have with you. * I said taking a ring out of my pocket and kneeling down on one knee*
Compeyson: Amelia Havisham... Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?
* Amelia took a deep breath as a set of silence was in the air. I nodded my head and rose from the ground*
Compeyson: If it's not your wish, I'll leave this second.
Amelia: It has nothing to do with my wishes, but my duty... * She said quickly*
Compeyson: Please don't talk to me about duty! Do you love me?
Amelia: Very much.
Compeyson: Then that is all that matters. Life is fleeting, Amelia. If happiness is within reach, seize it with both hands.
Amelia: Then the answer is yes. I will marry you.
* We both laughed as I pulled her into a kiss, slowly sliding the ring on her finger*

( The Next Day )

Amelia's POV

* I found my self talking to Honoria in a dress shop*
Amelia: I just saw Frances. Seems her humor's not improved.
Honoria: Oh, which makes it all the better to see a friendly face. How are you?
Amelia: I think I can honestly say I've rarely felt better.
Honoria: Oh, so you've decided to treat yourself to a new dress.
Amelia: Exactly.
Honoria: Well, magenta is all the rage in Paris.
Amelia: I was thinking something a little lighter.
Honoria: Lighter?
Amelia: More white...
Honoria: White?
* I held my hand out so Honoria could see the ring. Once she realized her mouth opened in surprise*
Amelia: I must say I thought you'd be happier for me and Compeyson.
Honoria: I am. Of course I am. It just seems rather sudden.
Amelia: Oh. How often have I had to stand by and watch the breakneck speed at which you and your Captain Hawdon conducted your affair? I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. Do you miss him?
Honoria: A little. * She said her voice cracked*
Amelia: I was surprised to hear it from someone else.
Honoria: Well, it was a very difficult time.
Amelia: With your father, of course. But that's all resolved not, is it not? And I hear you are being courted by Sir Leicester Dedlock? Surely that lifts the spirits?
Honoria: Hmm...
Amelia: He's a good man. With much influence, and not to mention a rather large estate. I'm happy for you. As I hoped you'd be for me.
Honoria: Please don't think I'm not. I simply advice caution.
Amelia: Caution?
Honoria: Well, I knew you liked him, but marriage?
Amelia: You'll understand when you get to know him better. When we're alone, he's so different.
Honoria: I just hate to see you let down.
Amelia: You think he considers the Havisham fortune the real prize, and not me.
Honoria: No, I never said that.
Amelia: I'm not a child, Honoria. I know my own mind. Be happy for me.
Honoria: I am, truly.
Amelia: Now, let's chose a wedding dress...

A/n: I'm back! Sorry updates are slow I'm sick. I'll try and keep my updates on time though. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.