Gringotts

It's now 2001, three years after the battle of Hogwarts and not a lot has happened during those years. I attended many funerals but would disappear before anyone could approach me. Hermione, Ron and Ginny were constantly sending me owls, demanding that I move into the burrow and when I didn't respond, they would send howlers, expressing how selfish I was and how I was a terrible friend for leaving them.

I had been keeping in touch with Minerva, Andromeda Tonks nee Black and surprisingly, Draco Malfoy, who had a hearing to see whether he and his mother should be sent to Azkaban. Many, including my old friends, were shocked when I came to his defence and because of my title and position in the war, my word counted more than others. They were put on house arrest for two years and unable to use their wands outside for a year after that. Seeing how it has been three years since then, they were finally free but from what Draco had told me, many were still looking down on them and treating them as if they were abominations on this planet.

Things have been... Somewhat lonely with just Kreature to keep me company but he has been great. It only took him a week to renovate the entire home, using greys, reds, greens and blacks as the colour combinations which brightened up the place a lot.

I was currently sitting in the library, reading through another book of dark content. Since I started residing in Grimmauld place, it dawned on me that dark and light magic wasn't all that different. You could use so-called light spells to kill a person, whilst you can use dark spells and rituals to help those in need. I'm sure you'll understand my shock when I found out that the unforgivable curses were used for good reasons. The cruciatus curse used to be used to restart someone's heart when used only a little. The imperius curse allowed Aurors to get answers from those in custody, which was before the truth serum was created. Next, is the killing curse, which put those in pain out of their misery, knowing they won't be making a recovery. Until one day, a wizard with dark intentions used those curses to torture and harm others, resulting in the ministry making them illegal.

"Mistress" My head raised from the pages, looking at the elf who held a cleaning rag in his hands.

"It's Raven, Kreature, I told you that before" I chuckled, making the elf smile slightly as he lowered his head.

"Sorry, Mistress Raven" I shook my head with a fond smile as I placed the book beside me, giving him my full attention.

"What's up, little one?" A pink tint coated his cheeks as he approached.

"Kreature was wondering if Mistress Raven got her lady rings?" I sat up straighter, my curiosity peaked.

"Lady rings?"

"Yes, Mistress Raven. You is Lady Black, but mistress Raven doesn't have her ring" My eyes widened in shock before letting out a frustrated groan, wondering how I could have completely forgotten about such a thing.

"Where do I get my ring from?"

"Gringotts, Mistress Raven" Luckily, I had corresponded with Gringotts, apologising for the mishap we created when collecting the Horcrux from Bellatrix's vault and escaping on the dragon's back. They accepted my apology and also the money I offered to rebuild the bank, surprisingly, they were thankful that I took such a disgusting object out of there.

"A trip to Gringotts is due anyway" I sighed and levitated the book wandlessly back onto the shelf. I accioed my leather jacket, which belonged to Sirius before making my way out the door. I looked around for any muggles in sight before apparating away, landing in the alley beside Gringotts a few moments later.

I raided the hood over my head and made my way into the bank, which was surprisingly packed with people. I let out a frustrated groan and stood in line, gaining a few odd stares from those around me. Twenty minutes later, I was called to the front where a tired-looking goblin stood with his half-mooned glasses low on his large nose.